Chapter 15 New Friend

Start from the beginning

As I took my seat at the end of the table I waited for everyone else to take their designated seats. Once everyone was seated the meeting commenced.

****

After the meeting I started wiping down the whiteboard. When I turned around I saw that Cersie was still in the room picking up some papers from the table. I put down the eraser and walked up to her. I smiled and asked, "Excuse me Cersie." She flinched a little bit but looked at me with nervousness and a hint of scaredness in her eyes. I said, "If you don't have any plans tomorrow I was wondering if you would like to come hang out with my sister, Cassadie, and I. We are not going far just to the mall for a bit."

She looked at me a little bit surprised. She then looked down and said, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to look at you with such a look. I just that no one has ever asked me to hang out. I would have to ask my uhh... parents if I could go."

I was a little confused at the way she said parents; it was almost like a question. I wanted to ask but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable or possibly sad. I nodded with a smile and said, "Yes of course. I will have to tell my sister about this also."

She nodded.

We both turned around and contacted our people. I told Cassadie that a new friend might be joining us tomorrow. She was excited. We both turned around at the same time. She had a small smile and said, "My parents said it was ok."

I gave a smile and said, "My sister is excited to have a new friend joining us. I didn't tell her your name because I wanted it to surprise and see the look on her face." I turned around and grabbed my bag and said, "Let's go."

She gave me a little bit of an uneasy look. She sighed and said, "I'm sorry if I'm being weird. It's just I never went out with friends before. I never really had any."

I looked at her a little confused and a bit sad for her. I asked, "Why is that?"

She gave out a sigh and said, "Because I'm different from everyone and because of it my real parents treated me horribly..." She got quiet for a bit and I saw a tear slide down her left cheek. Right when I was about to say something she wiped it away and said, "...But I got new nicer parents."

I looked at her a little surprised and thought, 'Is she different like Cassadie, Kylie and I? Of course if I ask her she would deny it like we all did. I'm going to give it a chance.' I give her a questionable look. "Different? Like how?"

She just kept shaking her head with a scared face. In a scared voice she said, "It's nothing I didn't mean to say that. Just forget it."

I gave her a soft smile and said, "Well if it makes you feel any better...and if my hunch is correct (I mumbled under my breath)... My sister, our friend and I are 'different' just like you." I could feel a tear welp up in my eyes as I referred to Kylie as a friend. I thought, 'I miss you so much baby. I hope you're thinking about me as much as I am you.'

The whole time she just looked at me with confused eyes. I gave a soft smile as I told her, "Maybe one day we will tell you about it. But until then my sister and I will be your first friends."

She gave me a thinking look. She then smiled softly and said, "Thank you so much. That means a lot."

I grabbed my bag and headed to the door and told her, "Of course. Now let's go and meet up with my sister. She's waiting for us outside the school gates."

She nodded and grabbed her bag also and said, "Ok."

We made small talk as we made it to the school gates. Just like I said Cassadie was right outside the gates waiting for us. She was leaning against the brick wall with her hands behind her back holding her dark blue bag by two gray straps. She had her head down looking at her shoes.