| Chapter 1 | I Have Quit

> Picture of Alexandra Archer <

"Alexandra Delia Archer! Come down here, now!" a strong feminine voice shouts getting me to jump out of bed and have my face meet the ground.

Groaning, I try to sit up from the floor but my tiredness overtakes me as I slap myself back onto the fluffy carpet. 

Maybe I should just continue sleeping? Who cares about school?  

Right when I am about to close my eyes to continue my relaxing slumber, the door of my bedroom swings open getting me to jump up once again being alert. This time, I sit properly on the ground as the person who just entered my room has my full attention despite my yawning. 

There, a girl with beautiful wavy chocolate-brown hair that's always in perfection stands there with a frown. Her skinny face shows few parts of her baby fat which is nearly unnoticeable as the hazel-yellow eyes captivate people's attention more. Today, instead of our usual high school uniform, she wears a simple white collar shirt with a two strap pink dress on top to match with the red bow. The dress have individual stripes of different shades of pink as it's frilly at the ends showing her bare legs. 

"I can not believe you're not ready yet!" she huffs stomping her feet on the ground as I relax, leaning on the frame of my comfortable bed.

"It's just another normal day of high school, Quin." I sigh wondering why I ever became friends with the most popular girl in our school.

She roll her eyes, "No! It's not! Today, it's one of those rare days where we can wear casual clothes to school instead of those boring old uniforms! Also, today is the day we finally get the results of the competition! If we don't get to school now, we'll miss who got the chance to dance with the princes of our school! Do you know how hot they are?"

"Doesn't really matter to me cause I didn't sign up for it. Now, let me go to sleep." I close my eyes before she begins dragging me off to my closet earning a groan from me, "Please, Quin. Can I please not go?"

"You're coming, I am not leaving my best friend here in her room being a lazy butt!" she frowns looking through my clothes as I stand up from the ground.

"Why are you even so excited about this? Also, why do I have to come? If we compare the both of us, I bet everyone voted for you to be with the princes. There's no way an average girl like me," I gesture to myself, "can beat the 'Princess of North Field High School'."

She smiles, "That's the fun part of it! I know that not everyone voted for me so we have to decide the lucky girl who's going to dance with the princes by lottery."

"And once again, I still hope it's not me." 

"Here!" she shoves me the clothes she has chosen for me to wear today.

Scanning the outfit chosen for me, I decide if I should keep it or just throw on a simple hoodie and jeans today. Knowing that if I do, she'd probably going to complain and rant for the whole trip to school only getting me to be in a grumpy mood. 

But I've got to say, today's outfit isn't so bad unlike the ones before which contained frills.

It consists of a simple beige-creme t-shirt that is made with a thin fabric that is underneath a black sleeveless vest which reaches all the way to the top of my thighs. To match with these, a black denim shorts and a red velvet scarf to keep myself warm in the cold fall.

As Quin continues to search through my closet wondering if she should add more to the outfit, I dress myself into the clothes before she throws me high knee socks. Being happy to take these socks, I'm glad she knows me so well that I don't like showing too much of my skin. Heading over to the bathroom, I wash my face and brush my teeth while making sure I don't stain the clothes. While Quin's attention is in my jewelry box, I try to brush down my crazy hair while humming quietly.