THE TEAM

"Room 888", the message read.

"Orientation for OP: Blue Planet at Creamy Galaxy" Jeyuvah proceeded to the east wing of the huge dome of the planet's administration. He switched on his communication frequency to that of the Supreme Being.

" A pleasant day to you Jeyuvah. Please proceed to room 888, the rest of the team is already there." The voice of the Supreme being was calm. But it does not calm Jeyuvah's feeling of apprehension about the impending mission. He found four male and one female Uhmran already seated at the briefing room. Jeyuvah noted that the two male Uhmrans have dark complexion. One is dark brown, the other is burnt black. The other male Uhmran is not white but rather yellowish in skin color. The last two were like Jeyuvah who has a fair skin. They all stood up and greet him in chorus as Jeyuvah entered the briefing room. Jeyuvah nodded to each in succession to acknowledge their greetings and took his seat.

They all sat there in awkward silence as they waited for the Supreme being who will do the briefing himself. Jeyuvah can feel that they too, feel apprehensive about their impending mission. But Uhmrans were born to obey their laws and the will of the Supreme being without question. And Jeyuvah consoled himself with the fact that in all previous missions that were conducted, the exploration teams had returned to Vesuvu Uhmranus safe and sound. Their technological superiority had conquered every possible pitfalls a far away planet can offer. Their space ships is indestructible. The nuclear batteries powering their ships perpetually emits the electrical energy needed to run them. The Uhmrans physical construction is adaptable to any planetary conditions in the universe, as what their previous missions have shown. These thoughts somewhat settled Jeyuvah's apprehension and discomfort.

After a brief moment, the stature of the Supreme being was framed in the wall that suddenly opened up. The Supreme being acknowledged everyone in the room as he stood in the podium at an elevated part of the briefing room. A wall monitor lit up as he started the orientation and briefing for the coming exploration.

"As everyone is here," The booming voice of the Supreme being filled the acoustic shielded briefing room. it aroused a feeling of urgency for each of the participants inside the room.

"As you all know, the black hole is set to appear in two Vesuvu Uhmranus days." The wall monitor at the back of the Supreme being displayed a video of the planet Vesuvu Uhmranus orbiting in a space with a black hole slowly forming like a swell on its immediate vicinity.

"According to our analysis, the tail of this black hole will end up in a far away galaxy which will require a full circle for us to travel along this black hole going back and forth." As the monitor flashed a video of the galaxy just mentioned by the Supreme being, Jeyuvah felt a strange uneasiness as the video showed a creamy galaxy with an array of stars with tiny dots of planets orbiting around each star.

" The Supreme Council of Uhmranus has its eyes on a tiny blue planet in this creamy galaxy." The Supreme being continued. And the video in the monitor showed a zoomed view of a blue planet. Jeyuvah felt a strange lump in his throat watching the video as it showed up a blue planet serenely circling in its orbit. He threw a quick glance at the other participants in the briefing room. He can see that everyone was seemed glued in his own thoughts and being mesmerized by the image of a beautiful blue planet.

"As far as we know, there is no inhabitants of the planet in our likeness." The Supreme being continued.

"Only these ." As he finished his words, the monitor flashed a video of strange creatures with wings, long tails and long necks. The strange looking creatures were huge and heavy and some were perched on huge and giant trees. The Supreme being watched the six Uhmrans in the room intently as if looking for a clue on what each of them is thinking at the moment. Uhmrans uses mental telepathy for communication. But neither of them can read each other's thought unless he open up his thought communication frequency. And Uhmrans seldom do this.