Nephalem Chap 4

(NOT MY ART/CTTO FOR TH ART)

~Continuation~

It was night, as they both fell asleep on the same futon, Lara is not a human so she couldn't sleep at nigh or maybe she can if she want to. It's her first time sleeping tho, she glances at Miyamoto as he was sleeping deeply, snoring and seemed to be very tired. Lara was annoyed by how he sleeps yet she'll maybe get use to this as she thought, she closed her eyes as she tried to sleep then she fell asleep. 

The Next

When Lara woke up, the sun was just about to rise which she woke up earlier, Miyamoto woke up as well. As he was arranging the futon, he take a glances to Lara, he was shocked. Lara grew up so fast. (She was about maybe looking like 19-20 years young-adult) He couldn't believe it or was he just hallucinating but he wasn't, he finished compiling the futon then he walks towards her as he stood beside her. Lara looks at him calmly, still cold demeanor as always.

"You seemed shocked, what's wrong?" Lara asked curiously with her calm tone and cold demeanor.

"Oh I was shocked, you've just grown so quick." Miyamoto replied as he seemed still stunned.

"Does people here doesn't change it's appearance?" She asked again as she was curious about this, keeping her calm demeanor as always.

"E-erh.. Well no, people still aged.. What do you mean people here? We're all the same humans." He responded back as he was surprised by her words.

Lara was stunned, humans? She thought, she sighed then she looked away, maybe she had to shut her mouth for that.. 

"Never mind. It doesn't matter now since you have already answered my question." Lara replied as she calmed her tone. 

Miyamoto was surprised by how she spoke so sudden then he nodded slowly as he considered her words for a bit then he went inside and picks up some wooden sword, he goes back to Lara then he gave it to her in a surprise act as she was surprised by that then she quickly caught the wooden sword. She looks at him curiously.

"Wooden sword?" Lara spoke in a curious tone as she wonders what will they do with this.

Miyamoto just laughed then he patted her shoulder, he smiled widely, showing his teeth, he seemed happy and excited.

"I will be training you how to use sword and how to fight!" He exclaimed excitedly.

Lara was stunned, she nodded slowly, so humans train themselves to fight? She thought. They both went to empty place, the ground was full of grasses and few trees around, just a quiet highland. Miyamoto was standing afar from her as she was holding her wooden sword. He looks at her then he grinned.

"I will teach you and train you, it would be useless calling me a teacher for doing nothing to you." He spoke in a half-joking tone as he laughed.

Is he high? She thought then she just nodded for what he said. Miyamoto was holding a wooden sword as well so it'll be okay. Suddenly he charges towards her and was about to hit her with the wooden sword but Lara quickly dodges as she thought so, she just moved away from that area. Miyamoto was stunned and surprised by how fast she dodge, he wasn't actually expecting that but that was clever and fast of her. Lara looks at her calmly.

"So you can dodge? That was quite fast. That's good to know!" He spoke cheerfully as he laughed after.

"You were about to hit me, who would want to be hit?" Lara responded as she frowned, looking aloof and cold. 

Miyamoto was surprised by her words, she has a point tho. He laughed as he smiled widely, looking glad by that.

"That's right! Keep that in mind! That's very important for self defense!" he exclaimed cheerfully.

Lara thought he's just too noisy but it doesn't matter to her. The Miyamoto calmed down a bit as he smiled warmly. 

"If you know how to avoid the enemy's attack, you may be able to defeat them in combat. Let's test that." He stated in a excited tone, a bit of joking, he wasn't actually joking, he just speak like that.

Lara just nodded slowly, she keep her calm. She looks at him coldly. Her expressions sometimes give him chills or even felt weird why she was like this. Miyamoto just grinned then he suddenly attacked her again as he swung his wooden sword, aiming at her but Lara was able to dodged quickly then she ducked and charges to attack him with her wooden sword as she hit his chest with it but it was light since it was just a wooden sword. She moved so quick that he didn't caught that movement, is this girl even a human? He thought as he stared at her, stunned and almost speechless. He was quite impressed. Then they pulled themselves back as they looks at each other, he gave her a wide smile, showing his teeth looking happy and impressed. Lara was still feeling weird by how active this man is.

"Your combat is quite basic but you're quick and fast, are you even breathing?" He interrogated as he was curious.

"You're just slow." Lara replied in a cold tone.

Miyamoto was stunned by her words then he laughed as he prepares himself to attack again.

"Insulting me is a foolish act, you were indeed fast, faster than a human speed."

"I wasn't even insulting you but alright then." She stared at him as she observes his actions. 

Miyamoto just chuckled as he grinned, he charges towards her as he fastened his movement, he ducked down as he swings his wooden sword, aiming towards her stomach, that was his fastest movement. But Lara was always on-guard, she looked down at him. Despite of being an Angel-Demon Hybrid she isn't that normal like the humans, she is mixed with superhuman and supernatural abilities and skills which she could calculate his movement and could predict his every movement. She quickly jumps off and landed at right behind him then she hit him with her wooden sword onto his back. Miyamoto was stunned and shocked, her she moves just in a blink of an eye, it was quite quick and fast. After she felt the wooden sword hit at his back, he smiled, he was impressed, this girl isn't a human. He turns around as he looks at her, he smirked.

"You're not a human, aren't you?" He questioned her curiously, he was looking calm at this point and impressed.

Lara wasn't surprised by that question, she knew he would ask her about that as she had noticed how he observed her. She stared at him in a calm and cold-aloof. 

"yes." Lara replied calmly.

Miyamoto was surprised by that, he wasn't expecting that, he was just asking jokingly but this isn't a joke anymore.

"Then what are you?" He asked curiously one more time.

"I'm a Nephalem." Lara replied, so calm and honest.

Miyamoto was stunned to hear that, wait.. what is Nephalem? He thought as he asked himself in his mind.

-To be continue