"I'd love to have you by my side for an escape," Amelia sighs, imagining the activities they could enjoy together in private. That's why visiting her house would be a great idea, perhaps she could spend time with her on weekends. However, she hesitated to pressure Elaine because she didn't want to make her feel uneasy.

"Me with you? Where could we possibly go?"

"I haven't decided yet, but somewhere peaceful. I prefer to keep our relationship under wraps to avoid possible issues."

Elaine's heart sank, a feeling she was all too familiar with. She was hesitant to put Amelia's career at risk, considering her long tenure at the school. If her friends or the students found out about their love affair, it would be a scandal. Her parents would never approve of such actions, as they fail to grasp the concept of genuine love–

True love? Elaine thought. Ridiculous, I'm not in love.

****

Just as Elaine was about to climb into Francis' parents' car, she heard someone calling her name. She glanced back and noticed Carl approaching with an exasperated expression.

"Hey! What's the matter? Why are you–"

"Elaine, there's something I need to tell you."

Unusual. Elaine looked at him with confusion before noticing Carl taking out his phone and displaying a particular message to her. Elaine read it silently until her jaw dropped.

"Stay away from the artist if you don't want to get hurt."

"Artist?" Elaine repeated what the text said. "I-I'm a bit confused here, Carl–"

"I'm being threatened!" he said grudgingly, scratching the back of his head. "This is crazy, you know?"

"Could you elaborate a bit–"

"Who do you think is the artist in our class, Elaine?"

She pondered his question for a moment, attempting to recall the identity of the mysterious individual being mentioned. Francis stepped out of her car and glanced at the text, quietly saying "Oh shit" before Elaine emitted a small gasp.

"I-I believe that's me."

"Yes," he said, stating the obvious. "This is absolutely crazy! Receiving a text threat? That seems a bit stupid, don't you agree?"

"I wonder who could have sent that," Francis interrupted, gently patting Carl's shoulder. Elaine sighed and rubbed her forehead in frustration. Someone is on the verge of getting hurt, and it seems inevitable that it will be either her or Carl. She is completely clueless about the sender, as no one pays her any attention in class except for Carl.

"I have no idea who would commit such an act, but I must inform the principal–"

"Even if you did, it wouldn't work. You know that, El." Francis said. Elaine sighed in frustration, feeling like she had run out of choices. She refrained from confiding in Ms. Yeong to avoid causing unnecessary worry and complications.

"I'm just trying to help out here."

"You're the subject in this situation," Carl stated. "If I don't reply to this, they might come after me. I believe it's best if we maintain a low profile in our relationship."

Elaine chuckled silently. They have been discreet about their relationship, she didn't even want anyone to know that she was dating Carl. It's amusing because they're not actually in a relationship, so it wouldn't make sense for Carl to receive a threatening text. Why can't people simply see themselves as just friends?