Five ~ Flashback: Part 4

Jazz played as you swayed your hips in the kitchen as you prepared breakfast. Alastor sat at the kitchen table, watching you with a grin. You set a plate in front of him.

"Here you go, darling," you said with a smile. You kissed his temple and set your own plate down across from him.

"Thank you," he said. "Breakfast looks delicious."

"I hope you enjoy it," you said. You removed your apron and leaned against the counter, twirling a large kitchen knife between your fingers.

Alastor looked at you in amusement. "Aren't you gonna eat?" He said as he sipped his tea.

You tilted your head and grinned at him. "Hey babe.. you love me, don't you?"

Alastor stayed silent and continued to sip his tea.

"We have been together for a while... a little over a year. Shouldn't we be getting married soon? Do you not want to be with me forever?" You said. You gripped the handle of the knife for a moment, then set it down on the counter.

"Isn't that how this works?" You said in a softer tone.

"I guess it is," he said with a grin. "I'm sorry darling."

You smiled and shook your head. "No no, I'm sorry for being pushy!" You said. "I just love you so much, I want to be by your side forever."

You finally sat at your seat and began eating your breakfast.

"Forever, huh?" Alastor said. "Well, I'll get you a ring. "

"I'll buy you one as well!" you said cheerfully. "We can go shopping for them later?"

"Sure," Alastor said.

_______

You and Alastor stood in the courthouse together. You had the biggest grin on your face, and you wore the same white dress you were wearing when you met Alastor.

"I'm so excited!" You said giddy, holding a small bouquet of flowers.

Alastor nodded with a smile. "We just need to wait for my mother, then we can start."

As if on cue, a woman walked into the courthouse. She was tall and skinny, with short curly hair and dark skin. She looked aged, but graceful, and very similar to Alastor. She had on a green dress with a matching hat.

"Mom!" Alastor exclaims with a grin. He pulled his mom into a hug.

"Alastor, baby!" She said with a small smile. "Oh, I'm so happy for you two." She moved on to you and hugged you as well. "Thank you for taking such good care of my son."

"Thank you as well," you said with a smile.

"Ya know, Alastor never seemed to be interested in girls, so I thought this day would never come. I'm just so glad it did," she said. "Where are your parents?"

"Well, my mother couldn't make it," you said. "So, it's just us." You smiled and let out a small sigh. "I'm excited!"

"Yes yes," his mother said. "Let's do this."

The priest smiled at you, and Alastor's mother sat in a seat.

"Well, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Alastor and ____. Would you like to say anything?" He said.

"Oh, I do have my own vows- well my own version of the typical ones," you said nervously. You clutched his hands and looked into his eyes. "Alastor, I love you more than anything, and these past few years have been the best of my life. I've never felt so happy, so loved, so honored to be by someone's side. I promise I'll love you in sickness and in health, no matter what the world throws at us, I'll always be by your side as your faithful, loving wife 'til death do us part."

"That was beautiful," The priest said. "Alastor? Do you have any vows?"

Alastor grinned. "I will honor your commitment, and stay your faithful husband 'til death do us part."

"Okay then," the priest trailed off. "Nicely stated. Well, you may now kiss the bride and sign your marriage certificate!"

Alastor cupped your face and kissed your forehead. You were grinning hard as you both signed the marriage papers.

______

You and Alastor were sitting in your room, he was at your desk writing his scripts for his radio show while you sat on your bed.

"So, you really don't want kids?" You asked.

"Nope," Alastor said.

"What about sex?" You said. "Isn't that what married couples should do?"

"I guess it is, but I've never... wanted to do such a thing," he said with a small shrug. "Is that something we should do?"

"I want to try it," you said. "Uh- sex I mean."

"I don't really see myself doing something like that often," Alastor said, tapping his pen against his bottom lip. "Why don't we do it on special occasions, then? Maybe... our anniversary?"

"That sounds delightful!" You exclaimed. "Well what about.. Now? Or our birthdays, those are special occasions?"

"Hm," he hummed. He looked over at you. "Your birthday and our anniversary. How does that sound?"

Your eyes lit up. "So we get to be intimate twice a year?! Oh thank you! I'm so excited for my birthday!"

Alastor chuckled and went back to writing.