DUMPED!

Emotions are for the weak. To never be shown. It strikes some as heartless, or cold, but it is simply the way of the world. How far has one gotten with useless teamwork over a project? Most work can easily be done by one person, and yet the world insists on depending on other people. I find it redundant. What is the use?

    I've observed people from afar, and I have been subject to experiment, and time and time again, I am proven correctly. This world never lends a helping hand to anyone in need. The needy die hopeless and sorrowful, and the corrupted rise and laugh over their dead bodies, as if dying in lack of honor wasn't enough. Many people have told me I just need to keep my head up, just need to keep looking towards the light, and grasping on what little hope I have, and eventually, the good will come to me. Though, why is it you never hear it happen?

    Precisely. It's precisely because it does not happen. Which has led me to a final conclusion.

    I must be the corrupted.

    It sounds cruel, I know, but the world itself is cruel. They say not to fight fire with fire, but frankly, it is as useful as riding a bike with no wheels. Yes, I have grown depressed from this mindset, I am shockingly aware, but where else is there to go? Even the happiest of people admit they are depressed. No matter what anybody can tell me, this is a wretched world full of despair, and we are all expected to turn on each other.

    So, I must admit, to myself, that I have cheated and lied to my girlfriend. For some reason I do not care. I see her walk down the hall, bring me breakfast, hug me so tight, all with a smile on her face. Her gorgeous brown curls fall on my shoulders and her freckles disappear into my shirt as she embraces me, her intent full of nothing but love. I don't feel it. Her lips softly hum words of endearment as her fingers trace my figure, her flirty blue eyes hinting at something she wants desperately. I don't get it. She makes me food with great joy, affection swimming in the soups and stirs she creates in the kitchen. I don't taste it. It is all bland, recycled, and downright boring. Other men say this is to be expected. She is just my girlfriend. I shouldn't expect anything, except for dull moments in the bedroom, and a bloodline soon after to carry my "legacy."

    I felt curious. I thought, "there must be more than this." My hand stretched out into the unknown, where it met another. Another beautiful lady, her height soaring over mine, messy black hair hiding away her face. Unfortunately, it was the same experience. The affection, the intimacy, the love, it all felt empty. I could tell she meant it, but I just couldn't find value in it. Before I could leave, though, my girlfriend found out about us.

    That leads me to where I am today, in the face of a puny, enraged woman, who has yet to understand that what I did simply sped up the inevitable process of betrayal by the world itself.

    "God, August. To think we had something," she said, her voice quivering with a unique sorrow. She glared at me, her face flooded with tears and red from confusion and rage. "I don't want you here anymore. I can't believe you just threw us away!"

    "Can I stay for another night?" My voice sounded blanker than I had expected it to be. I anticipated some form of emotion, like anger, or denial, but it just sounded empty. Her face contorted into an even more betrayed expression. I didn't blame her.

    "What the fuck do you mean? NO, Gus, the answer is NO!"

    "But I don't have a house."

    "You should've thought about that before you cheated on me," she whined, extremely bemused. "Pack your things. You can go live on the street for all I care."

    "That's a lie," I pointed out, feeling a spurt of emotion flow through me. "You're lying. You care about me. I've seen it! The way you-"

    "I cared until you decided to sneak off and go bang some other girl. I hope it was worth it."