Aftermath of the Vehemoth Phosbat

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕚𝕖'𝕤 𝕁𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕪 𝟛
≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

As the day was ending, we all went back to the Drake while the Pikmin carried the corpse of the beast that had swallowed me. Luckily, the acids never burned through my space suit, so I was unharmed. However, I did reek afterwards, much to no one's surprise.

I went inside to clean off and wash my suit, but realized I had left my Kopad in the main area of the ship. As I didn't have very much clothing on, I called for Alph to see if he could get it for me.

"Alph! Little buddy! Can you come here for a second?" I shouted.
"What is it, Captain?" He stood outside the bathroom door.
"I left my Kopad in the ship's main area.. Would you mind being a lamb and fetching it for me?" I chuckled nervously.
"Yessir!" He then rushed back to the main area and brought me my Kopad.
"Thank you, Alph. You may go about your business," I closed the door gently.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

After I was done, I made my way back to the main area of the ship where Alph was. I saw Brittany rationing out our juice and decided to talk to her.

"What's in that there juice, Brittany?" I leaned against the wall.
"Uh, Sunseedberry and.. Face Wrinkler, sir," She cleared her throat.
"I must say, your work is quite admirable, Brittany. I read your notes earlier and the fruits you and Alph have found are-"
"I'm trying to focus, sir. Leave me be," Her ears went straight.
"Uh.. Right," I walked over to Alph, a little crushed at Brittany's response.

"Is she always like this, Alph?"
"Well uh, not particularly, sir," Alph rolled his chair towards me,"She's usually really sweet to everyone."
"Did I do something to upset her?" I tilted my head.
"No, sir. From what I know, she's actually had some trouble talking to other boys. I'm the only acception it seems," Alph folded his arms.
"Why is that?" I sit down.
"Well uh.. Brittany wouldn't like me sharing her personal troubles, but uh.. Let's just say she has trust issues with men she doesn't know after a certain.. Situation," Alph's ears drooped.
"Poor thing.. I hope it didn't distress her too much."
"Well, I'd say otherwise.. She's been eating more than she usually does to cope with it. At least, that's what she's told me," Alph began writing down something on his notepad.
"So that's why she gives more to herself?" I tilted my head.
"Yes, and it'd be best to not question it," Alph said, pointing his pencil at me.

I hear the cups being poared and I look over to Brittany.

"Come and get it," She said, setting the juice down on the side table.
"Thanks, Brittany!" Alph smiled.
"Thank you," I nodded.
"You're welcome, Alphie," She turned around and began to write.
"Don't take her responses personally, Charlie. She just needs to warm up to you," Alph patted my shoulder.
"Hmm.. Might if we step into the hallway for a second, Alph?" I asked.
"Sure, sir."

Alph and I walked down the hallway to a point where Brittany couldn't hear us and began talking..

"What is it you need to talk about, sir?"
"Do you mind telling me here what's up with her? I couldn't quite understand what you were hinting at," I scratched the back of my head.
"Oh..Well, I'll only tell you a little bit, but you have to promise not to mention this to Brittany at this point in time, ok?" He pointed at me.
"Of course. I only want to understand what's happened," I nod.
"Brittany recently," Alph whispered in my ear,"Got out of a very toxic and abusive relationship."
"Oh my," I covered my mouth.
"After the breakup, she invited me and her other friends to her apartment to talk about it. But instead of coping, she wanted give up on love entirely and never love someone again, but I didn't believe her, and neither did her friends. We just told her to take her time instead of blocking out love and make sure if she ever gets back into a relationship that she knows the person she loves is right for her."