𝟬𝟮𝟵. be sure to bring my gun

Start from the beginning

jax narrows his eyes at her nonchalance, raising his hand to hover over his hideous nose as she turns away to begin walking without him. "fucking bitch," he mumbles, jaw clenched as he is hot on her heels.

once he is at her side, he swiftly wraps an arm around her back as they walk, seeming to only find satisfaction at her tensing. he lowers his voice when he asks, "why am i hearing that you're talking to astoria adkins again?"

clementine immediately scoffs at such a question, nearly in disbelief at how quickly he's found out something that just happened. "why are you keeping tabs on me?" she bites back without even looking to him. "who even gives a shit?"

"me, when she's best fucking friends with the same ex you can't stay away from," he responds harshly, keeping his voice hushed as he pulls her further to him so that his words are intentionally only for her ears to hear.

clementine's jaw clenches, the mention of chris invoking a special anger within her. "that's really no one's problem but your own," she responds with a huff from her lips. "and it doesn't matter now, does it?" she adds, slightly quieter. she can thank jax for that.

"that's the spirit," he smirks, the sight making her want to vomit as they stop for a second in front of the doors. "because what are you gonna do?" he mockingly furrows his eyebrows. "try and break up with me again?" he says like it's preposterous, dryly laughing right in her face as she adjusts her backpack on her shoulder. he then shakes his head as if he's amused, turning and opening the front door without waiting for her. "yeah, let's go."

clementine dreadfully follows behind jax, a permanent frown etched across her face as he gets stopped by a ridiculous amount of football guys on their way through the parking lot. she stands to the side with her arms crossed during it all, paying more attention to the random students passing by.

a specific group catches her attention as her eyes scan over all the vehicles parked, spotting matt's car among them all. of course she automatically picks his car out; it's her brains fault. what really causes gears to grind for her though, is the sight of not just matt, astoria, and nick climbing in, but the fact that finnley and bianca are with them. what on earth?

if clementine wasn't resisting doing so, her jaw would be on the ground right now. she couldn't pay bianca to willingly get inside a car with astoria, nonetheless matt fucking sturniolo's, so she's not sure what the fuck she's looking at. she feels like she must have entered an alternate dimension. finnley too—like how is this real?

she wonders where they could possibly be going as she blatantly stares at them from her safe distance away. she wishes she could ask about it, but the idea of having to deal with anything more than what she already is now, just feels exhausting. she looks away with a sigh, finding jax to seemingly finally be wrapping up his conversation.

"yeah, man, see you tonight," he says to one of the guys, dapping him up before they go on their way. clementine silently hopes that whatever 'tonight's plans are don't include her, and crosses her arms as jax turns back to her.

"we're going to logan's tonight," he quickly diminishes her dream, the two beginning to walk to his car now as clementine feels like he's truly a leech sucking all of the joy out of her. "so i'll spin back around your place at like 6."

"lovely," she sarcastically replies, finding that he is not asking for her presence tonight, but demanding it from her. "i'll be sure to bring my gun." she knows being so openly annoyed at having to go is like playing with fire when it comes to him, but she really doesn't care. she doesn't have anything left to lose.

"that's funny, baby," jax replies from next to her, dryly laughing as he slides an arm around to hold her hip. the touch stings—his fingers digging into her sides as it makes her feel like she'll be stuck in his death grip forever. she can feel the aggression radiating off of him before he's even leant down just slightly as they walk, lowering his mouth to her ear to harshly whisper, "you better fucking act right when the guys are around."