Over a few days, Lin Sanjiu learned some of the rules in this Kisaragi Train Station World.

The duoluozhongs there were different. They couldn't kill anyone directly. These duoluozhongs were humans who had assimilated with dark matter. For some reason, they evolved into all sorts of different spirits and could only attack humans who had been corroded by dark matter. It isn't all that hard to meet this condition. Any outsiders would slowly and eventually be corrupted by dark matter after they breathed the air and drank the water here. The spirits could also hasten the process.

However, Reno and Rena were different. When the siblings entered the building, only their eyes were corrupted by dark matter. However, due to the quality of their Special Items, they were protected from head to toe. They even had mini filters in their noses for breathing. It was highly unlikely that the duoluozhongs could get the siblings like they did Lin Sanjiu.

Meanwhile, the demonic buildings differed from other duoluozhongs because they could not move. Since they could not move, any prey that entered their doors was extremely valuable. Therefore, the building used a roundabout way to keep them in.

Though the siblings were wearing protective gear, they weren't fully protected. The residential building probably figured that out and acted accordingly. The siblings' weakness was that their exposed skin was still susceptible to dark matter. To the building, Lin Sanjiu was merely a drop of wax on its plate. It couldn't consume her, but it couldn't get rid of her. She was slightly bothersome, but she had never been a target.

"Are you saying that they tried to corrupt us with dark matter by getting a spirit to pose as us?" Rena seemed to be getting the picture, but she was still confused.

"I know what she means. You're stupid," Reno said. "One of the spirits pretended to be you, and the other was pretending to be me. They were hiding in two places close to us because it is easier to get us that way!"

Lin Sanjiu moved her body up and down to show that she agreed. Furthermore, Rena had brought up a point to her: when a person receives a fright in Kisaragi Station World, he or she becomes very susceptible to dark matter. The series of strange occurrences in the building successfully scared the siblings and made them uneasy over the few days. Rena even mentioned that she suspected she had already been badly corrupted by dark matter.

I GUESS THOSE THINGS THAT IMPERSONATED YOU WERE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN THE BUILDING, Lin Sanjiu continued. She didn't have any evidence to support this, so it was just guesswork. JUST LIKE THE REMORAS ON A LARGE FISH, THEY DEPEND ON THE BUILDING TO SURVIVE.

Whether they were once posthumans and whether they could impersonate the siblings because of their abilities. Those questions could never be answered unless they returned to the building.

"I understand that part," Rena said while she touched a deep cut on her face. Surprisingly, she only drew a deep breath as she focused her full attention on the mystery at hand, "But, for a second, he was human, then he was a duoluozhong again. I don't get it."

The constant changes were too complicated for Lin Sanjiu, so she wasn't sure. After pondering for some time, she wrote: I THINK THE BUILDING TRICKED US. IT WORKS LIKE TOY BLOCKS.

"Toy blocks?" the two children stared at Lin Sanjiu's words, finding it somewhat hard to process. "What do you mean?"

If Lin Sanjiu had to write the whole explanation, she knew it would be too much to write and too confusing. She might even need to continue writing the next day. Besides, she needed the two teenagers to fill in the gaps in her deduction. Considering this, Lin Sanjiu wrote: WHY DON'T YOU TWO DESCRIBE WHAT YOU EXPERIENCED AFTER WE ENTERED THE BUILDING?

Kisaragi Station || Apocalypse Paradise #3 [Complete]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें