Chapter 7 Follow The Sapiens' Lead [Part 2]

Start from the beginning

"I'll go down and get him." Said Birch; eyes rolling and grins.

"Oh thanks, Birch."

"No problem."

Birch walks and climbs down from the tree.

The Salesman pours a drink to Gran. Sandy takes Gran her drink as she spins over to her on her starfish shoes.

Gran begins to tell everyone the jokes.

"I was in love once. His name was "Hwam." He and Mow were both hunters and besties, I was a gatherer. It was quite a scandal. We fed each other berries. We danced."

Gran's grin begins to fade with a sad and grumpy expression as she continues.

"Then my father smashed him with a rock and traded me to your Grandfather over here."

Everyone laughed at the joke.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Belt and Kai also laughs along with them.

"Ha ha ha ha!"

"Wow! Now that's hilarious!" Said Amber.

"Mow doesn't mind that at all. At first, Mow's best pal was like a brother to Mow. In fact, what Gran said was actually true. Mow and Hwam used to go out for adventure when Mow and Hwam were that young. Mow and Hwan would like to go on a hike, lifting with weights to increase our bulk, and most importantly, Mow and Hwan like to wrestle one another; to see who's the strongest."

Eep, Sandy, Thunk, Lerk and everyone were amazed and shocked by what Mow was saying.

Grug and Ugga on the back, watches Mow and Gran telling stories.

"I've gotta say, Ugga. I've never seen our clan so happy before." Said Grug.

"Neither do I. But furthermore, things have gone better since Guy, Bear, Elder Cascade, Birch and Clementine showed up. And look at our kids, they're also happy, as well. Even Eep." Said Ugga.

"True. Yet, she has never been happy when I tell the stories. Back in the old days when Eep was little, she used to love when I told stories. But the sooner the time moves, she begins to change. At least that's how I remembered." Grug frowns.

Ugga understands what her husband meant as she looks up and looks around to see the place around them.

"That's just how the way is, Grug. It's how every kid does when they grow up. Somehow, even if you and Eep don't get along as much, you'll still make the right to protect the family you loved. Because that's what fathers do."

When Ugga says that, Grug grins warmly, knowing what his wife was talking about.

"You know what, I guess you're right. No matter how difficult life may seem, it's never too late to make it right."

Ugga puts her head against Grug's chest, warmly. As Grug holds his wife with his right arm, lovingly.

Pan Down to Tree Base

Birch climbs back up while holding Douglas.

"Okay, you big lug, let's never roll near the edge again."

Douglas licks Birch's face.

Birch chuckles.

"I'll take it as an agreement."

Back Up to the Cozy Crook Tree

Birch and Douglas finally made it. Birch gets up and holds Douglas to find Thunk.