Chapter 7 Follow The Sapiens' Lead [Part 2]

Under the Stars

The people of the Cave Clans and the Sapiens walk through the jungle at the very sunset as Gorp explains about his origin.

"So that's how my grandson was born. My son got married to a lizard woman and before you know it, that's how it came to be." Said Gorp.

"Gorp, I can't believe you never told us about him for so long. Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Said Weez.

"Because I did that to protect my boy. I knew that despite knowing how you guys would try to kill him, I made that a secret to make sure he'll be safe under my protection. Right after, when we all stayed in the underground cave, I found a way to cover him up with his long cloak and hoodie so that you all will know that he's a normal shy boy."

"Guess that explains a lot." Said Gran.

Mow nods.

"No kidding." Said Smooth.

"So he's the boy with a lizard leg and tail? More importantly as the Broods are like part monkeys. No offence to the Broods." Said Grug.

"None taken. To be honest, we've been there when they called us a monster, too." Said Trixie.

"I'm glad we're on the same page. Thank you guys for your understanding. You know how it means a lot to junior." Said Gorp; sighing relief.

"No problem, Gorp. We understand why you have to do that. And just like the Broods, we'll have to accept him into our clan, no matter what kind he is or what he looks like." Said Ugga; grinning.

Lerk came to Sea Thing.

"Hey, Sea, may I ask?" Said Lerk.

"Sure. Go for it." Said Sea Thing.

"I know it gets a little bit awkward and all but um... do you like worms?"

"Actually, yeah. I like worms. In fact, I can even talk to worms and take care of them. Luckily, I don't eat them."

Lerk gasp out loud.

"NO WAY!! YOU TOO?! I KNEW I HAVE SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME!! And second of all, do you even make a loud animal noises?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. Since I'm a half lizard, I can only do this. I just stick my tongue out and wave my hand which is the symbol I like to call as "goodbye."

"Wow, that was so cool!"

Soon, everyone stopped by gazing at a huge tree.

"Well, here we are, everyone. This might be the place to stay to rest." Said Elder Cascade.

"Like what? Are you saying that we're all gonna climb up there?" Said Grug; skeptically.

"Yes, my dear. That's exactly where we're going."

Later at night

Pan up a giant redwood tree. The Cave Clan and the Sapiens are all gathered in a cozy crook of the tree.

Belt and Kai, along with the Salesman guy mix drinks while Gran and Mow relax in a hammock. Thunk is playing with his new pet along with the boys, joining in.

"Good boy. Who's a good boy? Look at him. Can you do tricks? Roll over. Come on Douglas, roll over." Said Thunk; grinning.

Birch and the boys are awed as they watch Douglas do the rolling.

Once Douglas rolls over, he then suddenly falls right off the tree.

"Uh..." Said Sulk.

"Good Boy, Douglas!" Thunk continues.