206: They Are Indeed Themselves

Start from the beginning

The fact that Rena's [No depiction of body parts below the neck] could hit Reno proved that he was a human. Lin Sanjiu let out a sigh of relief. At the same time, countless questions surfaced in her head. If both of them were living human beings, the people on the first 15th floor she went to were not humans.

That sent shivers down her non-existent spine, but she was glad. Those two things would have targeted her there and then if she weren't in her current form.

'Then there is another issue. Why did those two things impersonate the siblings?' Lin Sanjiu thought and decided to think about it more later.

Seeing that the two kids had already caused enough trouble, she floated toward Reno to receive his attack. But just then, the teenage boy, who had been flung so many times he couldn't get up, shouted, "Rena! Enough already!"

Lin Sanjiu felt that things were going awry. Before she could fly over to stop him, she saw a yellow paper whirring in the air. It hit Rena, then disappeared with a swoosh.

The three of them fell silent for a second.

Rena was stunned on the spot for some time before saying, "Hey, what did you do to me?"

Reno's expression indicated that he activated the ability by accident. He stared at his sister a little vacuously and took out the carbon copy of the almanac page. When he saw what was on it, he paled somewhat.

Lin Sanjiu couldn't help feeling anxious and worried. She prayed that the curse wasn't too serious; there were already two other problems in the building.

"Tell me!" Rena said anxiously, sensing that something was wrong.

Reno looked at his sister and then Lin Sanjiu before sighing. "You probably shouldn't move around in the next few hours. My almanac attacks are strong, but I had no idea you would get this."

He showed his sister and Lin Sanjiu the paper in his hand.

"Energies for the day make it unsuitable for going out, meeting friends, being in the dark, using electronics, exercising, wearing accessories, being with others. Suitable for funerals."

It was only then that Lin Sanjiu realized how lucky she was when the teenager's attack hit her. Rena's face had turned white as a sheet. Since she grew up with her brother, she knew his abilities very well. She sat on the bed and started removing her accessories individually. "How did I get the worst one with a single draw? What kind of grudge do you have against me, Reno? Look, I don't dare to do anything now!"

If Lin Sanjiu's curse gave her bad luck, this one was very lethal. Not only must the target avoid doing anything stated as unsuitable, but it also created the possibility of a self-fulfilled prophecy.

Hence, the energies would be suitable for a funeral.

They had to act according to the almanac to ensure Rena's safety. After Reno left his sister with a [Self-glowing wicker lantern], he opened the door and entered the corridor with Lin Sanjiu.

Lin Sanjiu suggested they guard the entrance for a night. Unfortunately, Reno started to display his spoilt brat behavior.

"Isn't there another apartment in front of us? Sitting on this ceramic floor all night will hurt my bones." He stubbornly smashed open the apartment door and entered it.

Lin Sanjiu didn't mind since she didn't need to sleep. However, she couldn't help worrying about them being in different apartment units. After flying between the two apartment units a few times and checking that everything was fine, she found a corner in the corridor and started training again.

Her training was tedious, so it required her full attention. Once she entered that state, she would lose track of time in the outside world. When Lin Sanjiu felt that she had fully regained her Higher Consciousness and that it even grew a little, Lin Sanjiu finally stopped. The structure of her brain was fully developed. A skull started forming, though the facial structure had not fully appeared. If her Higher Consciousness granted her a bit of color, she could seriously scare many girls if she floated around like that.

However, Lin Sanjiu was unsatisfied. Considering this speed, she didn't know when she would have a mouth. She had to find another method to inform the siblings about what she experienced so they wouldn't fall into another trap. Just as she was considering what to do, she heard a click as Reno opened his door.

Reno stood at the door and looked at Lin Sanjiu with a grim expression. "I have a question. Why did you ask us to activate our abilities?" Reno whispered, as if afraid that the person in the other apartment unit would hear him. "Do you suspect that one of us is an imposter?"

As Lin Sanjiu thought about her answer, Reno stepped forward and said, "I think that isn't my sister."