Gu Yan squatted down and asked with a smile: "Ye Zi, what are you doing?"

The tip of the small green plant trembled slightly as he exaggeratedly turned the flower bud to the other side, as if not wanting to pay attention to him.

Gu Yan said: "You don't want to pay attention to me anymore?"

Ye Zi ignored him as he focused on digging the soil.

Gu Yan was not annoyed either. He squatted at the spot patiently and looked at him with a smile.

Ye Zi didn't pay any more attention as he dug away the upper layer of soil. However, he was soon dumbfounded.

The flowers and plants in this flower bed have been growing for several years. On the surface, everything looked orderly, but the soil underneath was disjointed with many weeds. After Ye Zi dug for a long time, he finally realized that unless the flowers and plants on both sides were uprooted, there was no place for him to stay.

Ye Zi sat down on the shallow pit he dug out and the little flower bud slightly lowered. After digging for a long time, his whole body was covered with mud, and he looked even more aggrieved.

Gu Yan held back his laughter and said in a warm voice: "Okay Ye Zi, cut it out and change back."

Ye Zi turned his head in a big arc as he shook the mud all over Gu Yan.

The bastard Gu Yan always liked to bully him, he won't change back.

Gu Yan's voice softened: "What happened today was my fault, I apologize to you."

"In that scenario, if I didn't do that, how could I have stopped all the mundane gossip? It's better to have rumors that I favor you than to let those people say that you have a dubious background and that we got married for another purpose."

Ye Zi's heart was slightly relieved, and he tilted his head to look at him.

Gu Yan's expression was sincere and the reason was so appropriate that he had nothing to say. However, after listening to it, he felt a little inexplicably disappointed in his heart.

It really was just for show.......

Seeing that Ye Zi still hadn't answered, Gu Yan added: "Ye Zi, do you really not want to change back?"

"When we returned to the manor just now, everyone had seen you. Also, my mother is probably still waiting for you, do you want to keep avoiding her?" Gu Yan paused for a moment and said in a soft voice, "Or is it that you regret helping me now?"

"Naturally not!" Ye Zi hurriedly spoke.

But after he finished speaking, he hesitated again.

He was still angry, and it would be too humiliating to just change back since he asked.

Ye Zi thought about it: "I will go see the Great Princess at dinner. At the moment......I just want to stay like this."

Gu Yan also took a step back: "I won't force you to change back if you want to stay like this, but there is no place for your roots here. You will feel uncomfortable if you stay here for a long time so let me take you back to the flower pot, okay?"

Ye Zi was quite uncomfortable being squeezed among the flowers and plants. After thinking about it, he reluctantly nodded.

Gu Yan picked him up, gathered him in his palm, and brought him back into the room.

Before planting him back in the flower pot, Gu Yan got a basin of cold water to help him wash off the dirt on his body.

Ye Zi lay on his back in the water as he casually enjoyed Prince Rui's service. The cockatoo brought back by Gu Yan squatted in the bird cage and suddenly shouted in a loud voice: "Sir, auspicious!"