𝟐𝟏 | 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

"Well as I've heard, breathing techniques aren't just the simple ones," He replies gently, in as a-matter-of-fact. "Each person is different, lung capacities, body structure, it's all about how you use yourself in a battle. What element, nature, emotion you choose. Dragon sounds simple and far fetched if derived from water, but..........I know you'll master the technique. It's a very rare and challenging one, but I believe you'll allow your body to hone that and claim as your own.."

He was right, but would I be able to master it? I've trained for seven or so years, and still haven't become strong yet.......

"So, if when using my technique....." I position myself in a stance, the chilling water numbing my feet. My hand slowly holding my blade with one hand, I position my other hand behind my back. ".....it's like my body is the Dragon itself, and my blade is the fang, or the claws....."

It's just like Shinobu, when she derived her own insect breathing from Kanae Kocho's flower breathing. Every changes in order to grow accustom to the body of the user, and how familiar and comfortable you feel when wielding a blade.

"My blade is still be planned.........my sword smith said he'll keep working on it," I spoke up, before gesturing to Himejima's Spiked flail and axe, instead of a nichirin blade. His fighting style was called 'Kusarigamajutsu' which is unique in the slayer corps. "......yours is accustomed to how you fight, so I understand what you mean by the wielder being different."

"Very adverting of you," He nods, before pushing himself to his feet. He dusts himself from the fallen snow, making his way over to the edge of the pond. "I best be on my leave, but make sure you're finished you get warm and a hot bath."

"I will, thanks for keeping me company,"

While he makes his way down the hill from my usual training spot by the waterfall, I soon begin to feel my numb have grown numb. Resuming my training to keep my blood flowing, I focus more of the way I drive my blade, and on my inner core that holds energy I use. During the past six months I've tried many techniques of martial arts, sword techniques, and I even tried asking the Sound Hashira himself for help. Teaching me about how to be lighter on your feet, about stealth and surprisingly I picked up on it faster than expected. Guess it's another quality of myself, that I find different.

He was a shinobi long ago, with a very flamboyant personality. Seriously, his behaviour certainly overwhelms me with his flashy mannerisms, but it is a breath of fresh air. 

The snow grows heavier, until I hear snow crunching not far from me. Assuming it was Himejima, I remain focusing on total concentration. "Oi! What the hell are you doing in water, in the middle of winter?!" his abrasive voice caught me off guard, almost slipping into the water. "Cause I'm not carrying you if you fall....!"

"Sanemi......? Is it that time again?" walking over to my calf guards, socks and sandals. 

His eyes were less bloodshot this time with a more calm exterior, but he still held that annoyed sneer on his face. "Tch, well yeah.......finished a mission earlier this morning," he grunts out, lifting up my blade and carries it for me. "Seriously, it's so cold......especially when demons hunt in the middle of the damn night......"

"So you want to spar hand to hand, or blade?" I arch a brow, finally having my socks and sandals on again. "I'm trying to focus on--"

He suddenly was in front of me, his mouth align with my temple; feeling his warm breath melt the coldness against my forehead. He brushes the snow from my disheveled hair, "Seriously, look at ya," he grumbles with a scolding look, poking my cheek. "Your cheeks and ears are red, so let's hurry the hell up and get ya warm you dumbass......geez,"