Ten || Explaining in Simple Words

Start from the beginning

"Seriously?! Incredible!" Chrome's eyes glowed like stars, mouth opening wide in awe, "So, Earth rotates on its own!? Incredible!"

Then he turned to face you, that childlike smile still on his face, "And the reason we get that tingly sensation when Senku rubs the sulfur-thing sphere is because of something called electricity?! What's that?!"

Once more, you let out another sigh, but you really tried your best to hide your exhaustion.

It was impossible to resist his adorable face.

"The tingling sensation is referred to as getting electrocuted." You spoke, your voice is now too raspy for your own good, "Meanwhile, electricity is a type of energy that involves the flow of negative atoms between two objects that have a potential difference."

Chrome eyes grew wide again. He even moved closer to you to listen more, "That's even more incredible! Tell me more, please!"

Soon after, Kohaku — who had been sitting on a branch from the start — inquired, "Wait. If the Earth rotates, why am I not flying off this branch?"

"Because gravity." Senku's simple reply made you chuckle at his misery. Eventually, you continued his explanation, "It's the force that draws an object toward the center of a planet or other object."

Chrome beamed as he peered up at the sky, admiring the stars, "I knew it was strange. No wonder some stars don't move at all."

"The North Star?" Senku tiredly pointed at it, "It's a very useful star for navigating because it's ten billion percent true north. Remember that."

You didn't even care anymore. You lazily lied down close to Senku while he sat down.

"Huh? Is that so?" Chrome arched an eyebrow in surprise. Kohaku also looked at it, murmuring, "If you want my opinion, that looks just slightly off from true north."

When you heard that, all you can do was try to laugh. But it's clear that you're too exhausted for that.

"How is that even possible?" Senku then stood up and put his pinky to his ear, "The margin of error is-"

He stopped himself abruptly, eyes widening as he gazed up in disbelief at this unexpected new finding.

"Is it because the Earth's axis shifted!?" His jaw dropped open, "The whole planet has tilted little by little over the past 3.700 years. Now, in the year 5.379, the freaking North Star isn't in the north anymore!"

Slowly, he glanced at your face. Even with your eyes closed, he could see a smirk playing on your lips.

"You... You know about this, don't you?" Senku blurted out, almost in shock.

"I told you." Slowly, your eyes opened to give him a calm gaze, "Remember what I assumed while we were in Hakone?"

At that very time, Senku felt his heartbeat quicken.

Is it because you just beat him in astronomy — his own game?

Is it because, despite your seemingly small theory, it turned out to be true?

Or is it because your small smug smirk caused him to feel something he had never felt before?

'This damn goldfish,' With a chuckle, Senku lifted a hand to cover his face, "And I call myself a scientist. What a joke."

"I'm laughing at you, by the way. Ha ha ha ha." In a monotonous voice, you mocked.

"Shut up." He grumbled a little before continuing with what he was about to say, "I can't believe I missed such an important thing. Damn it. I'm such a useless guy."