Ink

Player walked along the hall connecting Medbay and Cafeteria, then stopped. He stared long and hard at the wall. It was the same hall where, many years ago, a lad named Aiden had been fated to become Novisor's host. But then there was a new destined - Player himself. While the prophecy technically didn't come true, in some way, Player still felt like his soul had been sold to the demon.

He lay his right hand on that very wall. The ink still hadn't come off of one of his fingers. It was now just a dark stain on what he was now.

Speaking of the ink, Player still hadn't figured anything out about his new... abilities. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to. What happened if he did? Would Novisor consume him whole? Would Player become something like Novisor - a ghost, a demon, or something worse? Would he not be able to play Among Us anymore? Would he-

"HEEEYYY, THERE'S MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!"

Player screamed. It was just Captain, who had that la-di-da attitude like always. He had an ear-to-ear smile (practically), and his body was bouncing while standing in place. Player sighed.

"Hey, Captain. What's got you so excited?"

"Well, I heard you finally won a game! That's GREAT, buddy!!"

Player half-smiled. "Thanks. I'm happy too."

Captain looked perplexed all of a sudden.

"Wh-What is it?" Player asked, just as confused.

"Whatcha got on your finger there?"

"Oh! O-Oh, this? Oh, it's...it's nothing."

"It kinda looks like ya used a marker and marked yourself."

"I-I HAVEN'T BEEN MARKED!! Not at all!! Ahah..."

Captain looked very confused. But all he offered was a meek chuckle and another, smaller smile. "Of course, of course...but still, it looks like a marker."

Deep down, Player knew he was right. In two ways. It did look like he colored his fingertip with a marker. But it was a marker in another way.

It was Novisor's mark.

But before Player could finish his thought, the lights went out. A shiver crawled up his spine. It was dark like the ink on his finger. And in the dark, the monstrous whispers reminded him of the person he would have plenty of time to get to know better.