Its my destiny

It isn't supposed to happen. As soon as Merlin's back made contact with the wall, Arthur's instincts kicks in, not bothering to comprehend who it is before realising it's Merlin, his legs kicking it's way out but failing. Arthur's grip on Merlin's jacket tightens, his arm flexing with strength and willpower, making Merlin's entire being go absolutely weak at the immense contact.

Ignoring the space between them, Merlin pants before managing to say the next few words that come out of his rasped mouth. " Arthur, it's me. Merlin." he said. 

Arthur listens but can't concentrate. A million thoughts echo in his head and many of them are relieved it's Merlin, which doesn't exactly help that he finds Merlin quite... captivating like this. A frown etches on his forehead at the sudden thought. It's normal to think about another man's features, yes? Arthur thought so. There were many times when he finds Merlin adorable whenever he smiles.

It always send him to feel things he knew he shouldn't. Arthur's grip loosens but remains there. " Merlin? What are you doing here?" he asks. 

Merlin explains, it takes a while for Arthur to believe him but once he does, he agrees. He stares as Merlin talks and once again, Merlin feels weak and warm. The amount of attention that Arthur gives him makes him feel equalled and privileged, privileged to have Arthur's attention all on him.

It's a strange feeling, a feeling deep in his gut that he never knew exists, but he doesn't venture on that thought. Arthur's grip still remains and Merlin half regrets it when he speaks, even though it feels comforting to have his arms around him. "Arthur, do you think you can..." Merlin trails off as soon as Arthur hears him. "Oh yeah." he finally lets go of his hold.

Merlin immediately clutches on his jacket, his neck hurt and his back in pain, he pants, thankful for wanting to breathe again. The sight before Arthur leaves him breathless, thoughts ringing in his head that many would think inappropriate and wrong and why did he want to mess up Merlin's adorable messy curls and adorable pointed face and cheekbones?!

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Just when Arthur and Merlin leave together with Merlin earning a dumbfounded smile on his face, an angel and a demon witnesses everything and it takes a while to absorb what just happened. "Angel, did they just..." Crowley doesn't finish that. He doesn't know what to expect when Aziraphale nods. "I think so, my dear. I think they'll be best friends in the future." he adds with a sly smile. "Sure." Crowley says, rolling his eyes. 

Crowley has the slight suspicion they were more than that for some time now and he knows what they are and he's here for it. Except for the minor temptation and a miracle or two, he's glad to be with the angel, Aziraphale. Days and nights like this one are lonely and Aziraphale had nothing to do early in the evening. Witnessing the moment between the two boys is startling but also refreshing. 

It sends Crowley a feeling of awe, not many humans express emotions and feelings with the same gender, it's considered wrong and disgusting throughout the kingdom. Crowley thinks differently, he knows humans are single minded beings but they always turn around. Not immediately but eventually.

Humans are able to think freely and willingly and Crowley has been fascinated by that one fact. Too bad Heaven and Hell thinks differently.

Crowley's focus narrows on the angel before him. As much as humans fascinate him, he secretly envies them. He wishes he's able to do that with the angel, Aziraphale. 

Having an intense crush on someone who wouldn't be able to like him back is infuriating and just so frustrating. Seeing him time and time again would always delight him to the core but once he's gone, Crowley is a mess. And Crowley hates that feeling, it makes him feel useless and... sappy. Romantic even.

Aziraphale, on the other hand, thinks differently. It's not that he doesn't enjoy Crowley's company, the opposite actually. He's just afraid, afraid of the consequences he's sure to face but not at all ready. 

Aziraphale never thought he'd admit it but he likes Crowley, even if the demon is in a snarly mood, he always makes time for Aziraphale and for him alone. Just last week, they had a lovely picnic on a lovely spring day and they talked, discussing the little things that made Aziraphale laugh, gasp and even cry.

It was such a simple moment between them and it's safe and hidden by unwanted eyes to pry or disturb them. Not wanting to ruin the moment tonight, he saw what happened between Merlin and Arthur and thought back at how close they've been. He watches over their interactions and realizes that Merlin got on Athur's nerves as well as Arthur got on Arthur's nerves.

Now, it's strange to think they were actually friends, considering they were two very different people living different lives. 

What else is strange is that they are destined for great things. 

Arthur is to become Albion's future king with Merlin as a powerful sorcerer with incredible power. Merlin has been by Arthur's side ever since he saved the prince's life and became his manservant.

During his time in Camelot, he prevents people from trying to kill Arthur and it shocks the angel that Merlin is always insisting to protect Arthur even though he has no need to. Beside that fact, Merlin is protected in return by the prince himself. Aziraphale hopes their destinies are true. 

He has never witnessed a friendship form in the most unlikely way between two different people than Arthur and Merlin. It's strange that they actually get along, with banter added to the mix. He can feel the pull of Arthur and Merlin in a never ending cycle and it's indescribable, breathtaking and... beautiful. It makes Aziraphale think about his own friendship with Crowley.