十四 | Hashira Training

Comenzar desde el principio

"Don't worry, I'll be very careful! Besides we have Natori with us!" Kyojuro replied.

"Still, if you can avoid harm then do so." his father added, "don't let a girl save your ass several times, right Natori?" he joked at the last part and looked at the said demon, "Oh, she's asleep."

"Just let her sleep, it's been a while since she slept." Ruka said.

𓅘

"Natori, what are you doing here?" Kyojuro asked after a long day of training others. He sat down next to her on the roof.

"Stargazing." she replied, "Aren't you tired? Tomorrow is another busy day."

"Not now." he answered, "or you want me to go and leave you alone?"

"That's not what I meant."

"I know, I'm just messing with you."

A short silence ruled over them and he alps looked up to the stars before he started, "I heard Kocho and Tamayo developed a cure, how come you didn't take it?"

"Because I'm worried. At least I can do something as a demon."

"I get it, be careful though."

"Yeah yeah, says the right person."

"Hey Natori, do you think I have a chance after it's over?"

She looked at him, "What chance?"

"You know... When someone has feelings for the person they like?"

"If you don't try, how will you know?" she replied, "just go for it, I guess."

He leaned closer and started to whisper, "And you demons have really no idea about love?"

"Yes?" she replied.

"Then your advice isn't helpful." he eventually said.

"But it's true, if you don't try you never know."

"Do you think you can understand more once you turn back to human?" he asked while rubbing his chin.

"Why you ask me? Why don't you ask your mother for advice, or your father?"

"Okay fine, I'll ask them." he chuckled, "say, is there something you want to do once you turn back?"

She thought for a while, "I'm not sure, I never thought about it. Hmm...try every food I think. I've been seeing everyone eat and now I wonder how riceballs taste again."

"Not only riceballs," Kyojuro added, "you will try everything from starter to main course to snacks and desserts."

"I'll look forward to this day." she said excitingly.

𓅘

"Rengoku-san! Natori! Long time no see!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Kamado boy!"

"Tanjiro!"

Training continued and time could only tell when the battle will start. It was like the calm before the storm and everyone started to be anxious after each passing day.

The Ubuyashikis moved to a more hidden and safer place in the meantime and Natori was told to go to the butterfly estate again at night.

Yushiro handed her a paper with red strange drawings on it. He explained that she could disguise herself as a crow and the Ubuyashikis who received the same marked paper will see everything, like the infinity castle.

"That idea isn't so bad." Natori commented.

"Also, don't let Muzan catch you." he warned. She could hear the small concern in his voice.

"Be at ease, even if he will, he get burned."

"If you say so," he turned around to leave, "I return to Tamayo-sama now."

Right after he left, Shinobu showed up. "Natori, can I talk to you?"

The said demon was surprised after hearing the insect hashira's suicidal plan.
She tried to convince her to rethink but she made up her mind.

"I won't stop you, but I still want to give you something." the phoenix demon spz fire between her wings and an orange red pendant emerged.
"There's always an option to live, so in case you do change your mind..." she handed her the pendant, "Call me and I'll help you."

"Thank you Natori. May I hug you again?"

Natori opened her wings.

"I believe, your sister would have wanted the same..."