However, amidst the festivities of the first banquet, a challenge presented itself: Brienne Tarth. The girl seemed relentless, trailing after me throughout the evening and persistently asking me to dance. As if I would even consider dancing with anyone other than my beloved Lucerys! To make matters worse, Brienne's older brother, Selwyn Tarth, was also vying for my beautiful pearl's attention. I found myself tethered to the dance floor, holding onto Lucerys tightly to fend off any unwanted advances. After all, nothing could come between us—not even pesky flies like Brienne and Selwyn.

The problem persisted as we arrived at Storm's End, the grand fortress of House Baratheon. On this occasion, my Lucerys had chosen a coordinated ensemble of Baratheon gold and Targaryen red for us. However, Princess Rhaenys ensured the shades were precisely matched, sparing us from the embarrassment of resembling the children of House Lannister by mistake.

The welcome banquet, undoubtedly held in honor of my Lucerys's fourth nameday, took center stage. Even Princess Rhaenys, Lord Boremund's niece, seemed to fade into the background as all attention turned to my precious Lucerys. Not that I minded—any occasion to celebrate my dear Lucerys was a cause for joy in my eyes.

Amidst the festivities, whispers among the older servants caught my attention. They spoke of my Lucerys as if he were the reincarnation of Lady Jocelyn herself. Curious, I inquired about Lady Jocelyn's identity, learning that she was Lord Boremund's sister, the daughter of Queen Alyssa, wife of Prince Aemon, and mother of Princess Rhaenys. It became clear why Lord Boremund held such affection for my niece—my Lucerys was the striking image of his beloved sister.

Throughout the entire nameday celebration, I found myself dodging the advances of Borros's three daughters—Cassandra, Ellyn, and Maris. Their persistent pursuit was nothing short of bothersome! It seemed they harbored fantasies of marrying a prince and ascending to princesshood, akin to their grandaunt. As if such a notion held any appeal to me! The very idea of anyone other than my beloved Lucerys was preposterous. My niece was a dragon, a princess in her own right. The only reason Jocelyn Baratheon had wed Prince Aemon was her Velaryon lineage!

Thus, once again, I was compelled to spend the entire night on the dance floor with my Lucerys, warding off unwanted attention. Thankfully, this time, House Baratheon had no sons to pester my cherished pearl. While I typically found dancing a tiresome endeavor, witnessing my niece's radiant smile as we twirled about filled me with unexpected fondness for the activity. Moreover, the undivided attention she bestowed upon me throughout the night was a considerable bonus.

As the evening drew to a close, I presented her with her nameday gift—a Velaryon-silver brooch fashioned in the likeness of a dragon, with delicate pearls serving as its eyes. The joy reflected in her smile made every golden dragon I painstakingly saved for the purchase worthwhile.

If only the rest of our stay in Storm's End had been as smooth sailing as the nameday festivities! Thankfully, my Lucerys quickly hit it off with Maris and Ellyn Baratheon, which meant I didn't have to bear the weight of their constant presence. Instead of clinging to my side, they happily kept my niece entertained, granting me some much-needed breathing room.

As our fortnight stay in Storm's End came to an end, Princess Rhaenys pulled off a major success. She orchestrated marriages between Selwyn Tarth and Maris Baratheon, securing Maris's future as Lady of Evenfall Hall, and Ralph Buckler and Ellyn Baratheon, guaranteeing Ellyn's role as Lady of Bronzegate. The discussions between Lord Robert Tarth, Lord Stannis Buckler, and Lord Borros Baratheon were met with a palpable sense of relief, as Borros realized his daughters' bright futures were assured.

With House Baratheon set to join us on our journey through the Stormlands, I breathed a sigh of relief, hoping to avoid a repeat of their previous habit of following me around like eager puppies. With Maris and Ellyn's destinies now sealed, I could finally bid adieu to the relentless pestering about becoming my princess. It was a huge weight off my shoulders.