chapter 5

And so they did. The following morning at the Crack of dawn, the girls took some warm coats, got on Vermithor's back and took off.

Their first stop would be winterfell. After that they would start with the castles of the night's watch.

- which side of the wall do you want to visit first cousin? Iris asked

- we will see. We will stop at winterfell first. Helaena replied

- I hear winterfell is beautiful in both summer and winter.

- we went there once, 3 years ago. I remember it being very nice.

They flew more and landed outside of the castle.

- Princess Helaena! It is a pleasure to see you again.

- it is nice to see you too Cregan, she replied to the boy who greeted her. Please call me Helaena.

- All right, he smiled at her.

- let me introduce you to my cousin, Iris.

-Cregan Stark, nice to meet you Princess, the boy said and took her arm to place a gentle kiss on it. Despite his young age of eleven he was a true gentleman.  His father had raised him properly.

-the pleasure is mine, just Iris is fine.

- What is the name of your dragon, Iris.

- this is Vermithor, the girl replied.

- no way! The actual Bronze Fury? He exclaimed.

The girl chuckled.

- I can take you for s ride if you want, she said and smiled.

- we will probably have a lot of time later. Both of you must be tired. You should come inside.  The kind boy said.

- sure we have time to stop by, this is what we were planning.  Helaena replied.

-I am glad to hear that, follow me.

They walked towards the castle together while chatting and laughing. 

-Winterfell is indeed beautiful, I didn't expect it to be that nice.  Iris said while admiring the sight in front of her eyes.

- Thank you, princess. I am really lucky to be born a Stark. Someday, when I succeed my father as the lord of winterfell and warden of the north this will be mine.  The boy said proudly.

- I would honestly prefer  to live in the north.  Iris added. In the south everybody is plotting against each other. Here life seems more peaceful. 

- It is cold here, especially in the winters.

- Dragons don't freeze that easily Cregan. Helaena said smiling. She was about to say more but she was cut by a deep rasp voice.

-Princess Helaena, princess iris!  We didn't expect your visit! They turned around and faced a tall man with a wide smile on his face.

-Lord Stark, they said syncronized.

- It was a last minute decision, we didn't want to get you in a lot of trouble with preparations and stuff like that, heleana continued.

- is there anything your fathers perhaps want me to know, or discuss with them?

- No lord Stark, Iris replied. We just wanted to see the true beauty of the north.

- you must be tired, I shall have supper be prepared a little earlier.  The lord said.

- you don't have to do that the girls said.

- please, it is typical Northern hospitality. Cregan, take care of the princesses until supper.

- Yes father.

The two princesses went to change their clothes. They took of their riding clothes and put on the nice dresses they had with them and a winter coat. It was the middle of summer, but is was pretty cold for the southern ladies.

After that cregan showed them around the castle.

He had a younger brother, Ned and a dastardly sister, Sara snow.

The two kids joined their brother and met the girls.

Sara wa pretty nice and friendly.  She had the Stark features and lord Rickon raised her as a trueborn child.

As part of the trip around the castle, Cregan and his siblings took the young princess to the tower,  later known as the broken tower. Back then it was whole and it had the best view of the area around.

(I changed my mind while writing the chapter I want to focus on Iris's adult life and writing too many details  about her past will be very time consuming)

The girls visited all 19 castles . It was so strange looking at the edge of the world.Good thing aliment never found out about their adventure

Cregan became a very important person in Iris's life. They grew close even if they lived hundreds of miles apart.