In the original novel, Gu Yan had two close bodyguards, one of them was Siwei.

This person had been rescued by Gu Yan by chance and he decided to stay by Gu Yan's side in order to repay him, devoting himself entirely to Gu Yan. Even when Gu Yan was sent to the fiefdom, he still persisted until Gu Yan died before dying afterward after him.

Calling it foolish loyalty wouldn't be that much off.

Ye Zi opened and called out to him: "Siwei, Siwei?"

The man at the table didn't move, as if he didn't hear him.

Ye Zi was determined as he rolled on the bed: "I don't feel so good, I feel like I'm dying! If I die, the Prince will have to marry a dead person and would have to complete the wedding vows with my tombstone! He will be a widower for the rest of his life! Even if he decides to marry a Side Consort in the future, I will still be the legal wife and they can only be a concubine. When that time comes, who would be willing to marry your Prince?!"

He howled as if he was crying and Siwei finally couldn't listen to him anymore as he impatiently asked: "What's wrong?"

Ye Zi immediately stopped howling and sat up on his knees: "I'm thirsty, please pour me a cup of water."

Siwei was silent for a moment. However, he did pour him a cup of water and brought it through the canopy.

Ye Zi didn't move: "Untie me. Otherwise, how will I be able to drink it?"

Siwei responded: "I can't untie you, you can drink it just like this."

As he spoke, he raised his hand a little, as if he wanted Ye Zi to drink from his hand.

Ye Zi grinned: "I don't think that's a good idea. I am the Princess Consort, if you treat me like this, aren't you afraid that your Prince will get jealous?"

Siwei obviously didn't think about it. He didn't answer but the tips of his ears hidden under the hood quietly reddened.

He placed the cup of water on the side of the bed: "The Prince will be back soon, you can drink later."

"Fine, then let's talk." Ye Zi fell back onto the bed, "Little Siwei, do you know why your Prince wants to marry me that desperately? Although I am quite beautiful, the Prince is high-ranking and powerful. He probably has seen many beauties so why must he pester me?"

Siwei wasn't good with words. He stood awkwardly by the bed and finally answered after a while: "This subordinate doesn't know."

Ye Zi didn't believe him: "You follow him around all day, how could you not know?"

His eyes twinkled and he deliberately teased, "Come on, tell me, what was your Prince like when he was enjoying himself with his scoundrel friends? How many young men has he met with? Since I'm going to marry him, I want to have a number in my heart."

Siwei's cheeks turned red as he retorted: "Master has never set foot in such places. Moreover, he has n-never......"

He couldn't say those words, but still instinctively defended Gu Yan's reputation as he stammered out his explanation: "In short, Master rarely has contact with others. It's not what you think."

Ye Zi immediately understood.

Siwei never lied therefore Gu Yan really didn't have anyone he liked.

Then where did the Princess Consort Rui, who was supposed to marry him, come from?

Ye Zi still wanted to ask him a few more questions but the door to the bridal chamber was suddenly pushed open.

Gu Yan stepped in.