But now, seeing this wound, he was able to confirm everything.

He closed his eyes and silently recited the name that had been haunting him for more than ten years.

Huaiyuan.

——This person's name in his previous life should be Huaiyuan.

But whether it was Ye Zi or Huaiyuan, he didn't care.

As long as he was able to come back, everything was good.

Gu Yan gazed at Ye Zi's sleeping face. He curiously lowered his head and gently kissed him on his forehead.

It was a slapdash kiss. Gu Yan lifted his head and suddenly met with Ye Zi's dazed and open eyes.

Gu Yan: "......"

Ye Zi hadn't fully woken up from his sleep yet. He blinked and stared at Gu Yan, subconsciously not daring to move.

——He still thought of himself as a plant.

Gu Yan cleared his throat: "Huai......No, Ye Zi, how do you feel?"

Ye Zi didn't answer. He looked down at his hands and was surprised: "I changed back again?"

Seeing that the latter didn't even realize what had just happened, Gu Yan's heart was half glad and half regretful as he explained in a serious manner, "Just now, you had fallen asleep. And when I came back after leaving for a while, you were already like this."

Ye Zi was distressed: "I'm turning into a human one moment and then into a plant the next. What should I do?"

This made it inconvenient to escape. Ye Zi abashedly concealed the second half of the sentence.

Gu Yan reassured: "I have read in the book of Supernaturals that plants, trees, birds and animals can transform when they reach a certain level of cultivation. Maybe you're just in the early stage of transforming and can't control it freely yet. You don't have to worry too much about it."

"Moreover, even if you continued to look like this, I......wouldn't mind."

Ye Zi was listening carefully in the beginning, but when he heard the words nearing the end, he suddenly felt something off: "M-Mind what?"

The corner of Gu Yan's mouth curved up and he said gently, "I have instructed the housekeeper to push back the wedding date by two days so as not to be too hasty. These days you will stay in the courtyard, I will arrange for two maids to take care of you."

Ye Zi was stunned: "No, why——"

Gu Yan spoke for himself: "Sorry, I don't want to leave you here alone either, but it's customary for couples not to meet before marriage."

"Your Majesty, I——"

Gu Yan interrupted him, "Alright, I still have some things to take care of. Be good and stay in the courtyard for a few days and don't wander around."

After he finished, he didn't give Ye Zi a chance to retort as he turned his head and left the room.

Ye Zi sat in the same place for a long time before he came back to his senses from the great shock.

Didn't he only take a nap? How did the perfectly good Prince Rui suddenly become crazy in a blink of an eye?

Did he really take him for the Princess Consort?

Gu Yan really went crazy this time. Not only did he send a few maidservants to watch over him in the courtyard on day shifts and night shifts, but he also added layers of guards outside the courtyard. Even if Ye Zi tried to escape, he would be seized after taking only a few steps.