Just as his words fell, there was suddenly a slight sound of porcelain colliding behind him.

Qiu Tang was scrambling to stabilize the porcelain vase that she almost broke as she wondered to herself: Wasn't that Princess Consort Rui's voice just now?

In the morning, she wasn't able to see Princess Consort Rui's appearance as she was in a hurry. But as servants, the first thing they were taught was to be able to recognize people as they weren't allowed to mistake their master. Thus, even if it was just the voice, she wouldn't be mistaken.

But how could Princess Consort Rui be dressed as a servant?

Qiu Tang curiously looked up towards Ye Zi, who also happened to turn his head because he heard a noise, and their gaze collided.

Ye Zi: "......"

......I'm done for, I don't want to live anymore.

What timing, how did I run into this little girl again?

Qiu Tang was quick-witted, seeing Ye Zi's guilty look, she immediately reacted. This was probably another one of the Prince's unique fetishes, if someone were to find out, the Prince would be embarrassed.

She nodded slightly toward Ye Zi and averted her gaze as if nothing had happened.

Ye Zi: "......"

The misunderstanding seemed to have gotten bigger.

Gu Yan was about to take the tea from Ye Zi's hand when he noticed Ye Zi and the servant girl exchanging glances. His eyes darkened and he reached out to cover the back of Ye Zi's hand.

Ye Zi's hand trembled. When he came back to his senses, he nearly knocked over the tea.

Gu Yan deliberately scolded: "Did you not eat or something? How come you can't even steadily hold a cup of tea?"

After saying that, he took the tea with a normal expression.

If you aren't reading this on acupofhalfmoon.wordpress.com, then it has been reposted without permission. Please don't give ad revenue to them and come join us for tea. I promise we don't bite.

"I......" Ye Zi didn't know what he had done to provoke this man but he didn't dare to contradict him, only muttering in a small voice, "I didn't eat in the first place."

Not to mention eating, he hadn't been watered since the morning until now.

He was thirsty.

Gu Yan took a fruit from the fruit plate. The fruit was the size of a thumb and had bright red skin. It looked very tantalizing and made one's mouth water.

Gu Yan asked, "Do you want it?"

Ye Zi honestly nodded his head.

Gu Yan handed it to him: "It's your reward."

Having been tormented for the entire morning, Ye Zi was really thirsty and wasn't polite with him either. He took the fruit and ate it in a bite. This kind of fruit was juicy and it would gush open after the skin broke, filling his mouth with a sweet aroma of pulp.

After eating one, Ye Zi thought it wasn't enough and eyed the rest of the fruit plate.

Gu Yan looked at him with a smile: "Want more?"

Ye Zi nodded: "Mnn."

"Then you have to answer my question first." Gu Yan paused for a moment, pointed to a group of maidservants in the room, and asked seriously, "Who do you think is the best-looking in this room?"