Chapter Three: I Win.

Start from the beginning

I bit the inside of my cheek. He won't figure out I cheated, will he?

"Well, limits are easy. It's plausible." He sighed. I smiled watching the turmoil he was going through because he had to give me his number. It's hilarious.

He let out a deep breath.

"Okay." He said, his voice sounding defeated.

"Okay?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I'll give you my number."

My smile lingered as I did a small dance as I grabbed my phone from my pocket and handed it to him.

"I'll call you tonight," I said as he typed in his digits.

"Text me."

"Nah. Imma call you."

"I suck at calling."

"Practice makes perfect and I hate texting because I'll forget to respond. Bad habit."

He just stared at me and I stared back with a smirk on my face. After a few seconds, he handed me back my phone and I gladly took it. I called him just to make sure and his phone rang.

"Really?" He asked.

"What? You can never be too sure."

"I wouldn't cheat you like that." He said, sounding a bit offended.

I shrugged. "I don't know." I trailed, drawing out my words. "You seemed pretty reluctant to give me your number."

"Because you're a client."

"Ahhh whatever. We're friends now."

"Acquaintances."

"Can you even spell that?"

"Yes. I can," he shot back. "But I know for a fact you can't."

My jaw dropped and his eyes widened as he put his hands out.

"I'm sorry that wasn't—."

I burst out laughing.

"Look at you!" I said letting out a few more chuckles. "You're getting more comfortable with me."

He huffed and went to take out his supplies. I did the same, digging into my backpack to get my laptop, notebook, and a pencil, ready to take some notes.

Once he set everything out he turned to me.

"So we're going to still work on limits as that's what your course schedule says you're working on for next week." He explained. "Judging by how well you did on the quiz the worksheets we are going to work on should be fairly easy. Though I will be challenging you a bit so the questions on your test and quizzes in class will be easy."

"Sounds good," I said, nodding at his plan.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

"Can we take a break?" I whined, struggling to wrap my head around this new concept.

"Is everything okay? I mean this was a question that was on your quiz." He pointed out.