Really True

"Is it true? Is it really true?"

Dick Grayson hurried over to Wayne manor the moment he heard the news from Alfred, utilizing the Zeta Tubes to transport himself quickly and effectively, but the moment he arrived in the Batcave, he called out for Alfred, only to find the elderly butler wasn't anywhere nearby, so he headed up to the manor, into Bruce's study.

As the grandfather clock slid back into place to hide the entrance to the Batcave, Dick called out. "Alfred! Alf..."

"Not so loud, Master Richard," the butler said as he stepped into the room and placed a finger to his lips before lowering his arm so he could take the proper stance expected of a butler. "Dr. Thompkins is..."

"Then it's true?" Dick said, rubbing the back of his neck, letting out a deep breath as he stood there. "Jason is—he's really alive?"

"I honestly can't explain why or how, but yes. It does appear that Master Jason is alive."

Dick breathed a sigh, running a hand through his black hair as he closed his vivid blue eyes. "He's alive. He's really alive. Can I..." His eyes opened back up. "Can I see him?"

"I don't see why not," Alfred said. "But you should be aware. Master Jason brought a friend home with him."

"A friend?"

"His friends' a little protective of Master Jason, so be forewarned," Alfred continued, piquing Dick's curiosity. "I had to assure him that Dr. Thompkins wouldn't harm Master Jason, that she was there to help him before she could begin treatment, but they're all three currently in Master Jason's old room."

"And Bruce? Tim?"

"Master Tim isn't home from school yet, and Master Bruce is stuck. Keep up appearances, but I will fetch them both now that you're here."

Dick nodded his head. "Anything else I should know?"

"Outside of not underestimating Master Jason's friend and that Dr. Thompkins is treating Master Jason in his old room with an IV drip, I can't think of anything, but don't make too much racket. Master Jason needs his rest. He's been, well, through a lot, Master Richard."

"Still," Dick whistled. "He's alive. He's really alive."

He left Alfred behind and headed to Jason's old room, but when he popped into the doorway...

He stopped, blocked by a child who scowled at him, standing with his arms crossed. "You're not Papa either."

Dick stared, thinking there was something familiar about the boy, then looked up at Jason's bed, taking in the IV that Dr. Thompkins brought in. She looked up, smiling at Dick, yet the worry was still there.

"Where's Papa?"

Dick looked down again, frowning. "You mean Bruce?"

"Who else?"

"Ah," Dick lowered himself to the kid's level, yet glanced over towards the bed where Jason hadn't yet stirred, a strange thing given how loud and rowdy Jason could be before—Dick pushed the thoughts of Joker killing Jason, or what they thought to be the case. "So Jason didn't just come home; he brought you home to us as well?"

"That's none of your business, whoever you are."

Dick looked at the kid in amusement. "And what's your name?"

"None of your business," the boy said as a groan came from the bed.

"Ah. Well, hello, none of your business," Dick said, triggering the child to lash out, attempting to hit him only for Dick to dodge the punch, yet as he did easily—