1x07

Andrea stood in the corner of the gym, her gaze fixed on Roy. The rhythmic clank of weights echoed through the cavernous space, punctuated by the occasional grunt or shout. Roy was a force of nature—a whirlwind of determination and sweat. His biceps strained against the fabric of his tank top, veins snaking across his forearms like ancient riverbeds.

She watched as he hoisted the barbell, his face a mask of concentration. The weight seemed insignificant in his hands, as if it were made of feathers rather than iron. Andrea had always admired his strength, his unwavering commitment to their cause. But lately, her admiration had taken a different turn—a more dangerous one.

Roy finished his set and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. His eyes met hers, and a smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "Andrea," he said, his voice low and gravelly. "You're staring."

She blushed, her cheeks hot. "Sorry," she mumbled. "I didn't mean to."

He chuckled, the sound sending shivers down her spine. "It's okay," he said.

Andrea tore her gaze away, focusing on the row of treadmills by the window.

Roy moved to the pull-up bar, his muscles flexing with each repetition, Andrea's resolve wavered. She remembered the late-night conversations, the shared laughter, the way he'd saved her life more times than she could count. They were partners, friends, confidantes. And yet, there was something more—a tension that simmered beneath the surface, waiting to ignite.

"Hey," Roy called, interrupting her thoughts. "Want to join me?"

Andrea blinked. "What?"

He gestured to the pull-up bar. "Come on," he said. "I could use a spotter."

She hesitated, torn between duty and desire. "I don't know," she said. "What if—"

"What if we just enjoy this moment?" Roy interrupted. "No missions, no secrets. Just two people working out together."

Andrea's heart raced. She stepped forward, her fingers brushing against his. "Okay," she said. "Just this once."

He grinned, and suddenly the weight room felt smaller, more intimate. Andrea positioned herself behind him, her breath catching as he began to pull himself up. His back muscles rippled, and she couldn't tear her eyes away. She counted each repetition, her mind a jumble of conflicting emotions.

As he lowered himself down, their eyes met in the mirror. "You know," he said, "we make a good team."

Andrea nodded, her throat tight. "Yeah," she whispered. "The best."

Roy's fingers gently traced her jawline as he spoke softly, "Perhaps, there are moments when the most daring choices turn out to be the most rewarding ones." She felt her cheeks flush with color before shyly glancing down and offering a sweet smile.

Stella had always been on the outskirts—the girl who lingered in the sunlight, always the center of detention. But she felt like she was in the shadow when it came to the Lumix. As she walked down the hallway, she noticed Aria and Flora huddled together in the library, their heads bent over a project, she saw her chance.