Chapter 12

The plan to subdue the sick man had not really gone well. Although Luffy was able to defeat the octopus with his new ability, he had immediately created a current. Yukiji had been able to see that a shark was inside the sick man, had thanked him and disappeared.

Screams could be heard on the deck as the current had turned the ship several times. "Franky! Steer the ship into the middle!" she shouted to him. "Got it!"

Holding on tightly, Yukiji clung to the stairs and hadn't even noticed that Luffy, Zoro and Sanji had disappeared.

She only noticed several meters down when it had become even darker. Not only her, but also Nami, who was on the lookout for them. "We should look for them." Robin said as she also looked around and saved the ship from the next impact.

"They'll find us." smiled Yukiji, who wanted to say something to them. The three of them were the strongest fighters. They wouldn't lose that easily. "Yukiji is right. We should continue on our way. Who knows what else is down here?" Usopp agreed. He had become a lot braver.

Well, it wasn't quite as easy as it had turned out in the end. First Franky had to lock the strange captain in a wooden barrel after staring at him like a madman next to the stairs before everyone could concentrate on the volcanoes.

From then on, it got warmer and warmer for the crew, which is why Yukiji had taken off Zoro's yukata. "We have to get out of here!" shouted Nami as it got warmer and warmer. "Leave it to me!"

Franky, who had returned to the helm, activated a booster that had set the ship in motion with air. Not exactly good when the air in the protective bubble was getting less and less.

When it became darker and cooler again, everyone exhaled. No one knew what was to come. "Keep your eyes open." Robin said. "I will, even if I don't have eyes. Ohohohohoooo!" Brook laughed.

Shaking his head, Yukiji grinned. He hadn't lost his sense of humor. She thought it was nice that he could make fun of himself. Not everyone could.

"Ehm, guys...!" Usopp called out as a ship approached. "Is that...a ghost ship!?" Chopper shouted in panic as he remembered how everyone had met Brook. Everyone also thought it was a ghost ship. Although Yukiji was ill at the time and hadn't really noticed.

"This...is the Flying Dutchman." Brook said. "The, what?" Nami asked and was told by Brook about Captain Vander Decken. Next to him stood Robin, who had drawn everything in her pad.

"Oh, you've gotten better." Yukiji said with a smile. "Yes." The black-haired girl smiled back. It was nice that everyone noticed.

"How can you talk about it when this ghost ship is here!?" shouted Chopper in a panic. Just as the ship was about to launch an attack, the octopus that had been protecting the Sunny appeared.

"Well done, Surume!" shouted Luffy with a grin as he emerged with Zoro and Sanji in a protective bubble. So they had survived and got the sick man on their side.