I. Remembrance

Just a Pov.

Before, I never worked so hard just to do things like this. This is a new day which has started again after nine months have passed since I chose her as my lover. I smiled automatically as images of me and about her played and twisted in my head. The duration is not that long, but it would probably take a lot of time if I explained it in written form.

Flashback, it was March the 15th of the year 2023. In my usual place, the place where I always spend my evening into the night with my friends in a café, I was sitting while listening to live music. At that time, one of the musicians who accompanied performed a song from James Blunt entitled You're Beautiful. And in the midst of that, we occasionally respond to each other's stories about our activities and other random things.

From where I sat with friends, it was not far from the entrance of the café. So, I can find out who is visiting. For some reason, my eyes automatically looked towards the entrance if a new visitor entered that place and I guess it was just an instant movement, which afterwards I didn't care about anymore, because I really didn't know them basically. And I didn't expect anyone to come.

But that time was different. When a cup of coffee was in my hand, where the tip of the cup was already had touched my lips, I saw a woman enter the café. With reflexes, I put that cup back on the table and didn't take a sip. I stared at her closely from a short distance from the entrance. But she just stood by, unaware that she was being noticed by me. She stood up and circulated her gaze as if looking for an empty table. At there, our eyes met lightning, and I felt something shock my heart. She walked towards a table near the wall which was far from where I sat.

Someone patted me on the shoulder until I realized that I had been staring at her for so long. Some friends noticed me and knew what I was doing. They even asked and forced me to take her to acquainted. Because they knew that the woman I stared at all at that time was the kind of woman I liked.

I don't know how to describe it, because my eyes and my heart are the ones who combine and decide which woman I should like. But, at least I can explain how I became hooked by her.

At that time, I felt like she looked like rain amidst the still shining sun. Where she was able to make my heart feel at peace and feel warmth, even though it was clear that I didn't know her yet. But, I felt there was a magnet inside me that required me to attract her attention. As if she was able to reach and even touch my favorite type. Maybe it was because she had above average female standards; perfect?

It didn't take long to decide. After my friends provoked me to approach her, I roughly stroked the second part of my thighs and stood up. I saw on the other end, she was sitting alone, putting her hands on the table while fiddling with her phone. I cleared my throat softly and walked up to approached her.

"Hi?" I said after being in front of her with a super soft intonation, just in case she wouldn't be surprised by my arrival.

She turned her head, "Yes?"

And, our eyes met again. But at that time it was very close. I tried to tolerate my heart pounding. I can see the plenary on her face in detail. She is so much fuckin really beautiful. Damn!

From there I emphasized that I approached her because I wanted to get close to her. Not as a friend, but more than that. Hearing what I said, maybe she felt that I was a strange man who just see her as mere lust, or could be called as a womanizer? Or maybe it was too sudden for her. I kept smiling and reassuring her that I wasn't the man she imagine. However, she still refused me.

Do I give up? No. In my dictionary, there is no such thing as giving up eyes. I still reassured her gently. That I really want to solidify my heart for her. I was adamant and confident that I could make her heart anchor to mine as she pleased. I can be whatever she wants. I can be the man she wants, even in her dreams. I can treat her like a princess. But, she still rejected me gently. In the end, with her soft words, she asked me just to be friends first. She asked that time prove what my actions and her actions would be in the future. And about our relationship will work.

I smiled again and again, trying to understand. Because it was me who was too hasty to approach her. Until, at that time, we decided to become ordinary friends.

As time goes by, time ultimately answers everything. That it turns out that love arises and grows by itself, without coercion. I, who at that time only liked her at first sight, evolved into a man who loved her very damn much. And she who rejected me at the beginning, in the end, she opened her heart to me, letting me into her world.

And who would have thought? That the love we have for each other is running and even growing for each other until now?

I'm so super lucky to have her. Her name is Ayouta Oci Raveena. ❤️