Chapter 1: Memories and the Facility

Start from the beginning

I may have only known her for a couple days, but that doesn't mean I won't taunt her.

She look at me, "당신의 힘을 사용하면 균등해질 것입니다! (Use your power and it'll be even!)"

Oh, guess I haven't told her yet.

"그것에 대해- (About that-)" I open my mouth.

"HEY, DO NOT USE YOUR ABILITIES IN THE COMMONS!" A man in a white coat yells and walks up at her, "Do you have any idea what you could do?"

She looks scared and drops the ball, the man in the white lab coat screaming down to the foreign girl with black hair.

"E-Excuse me sir. She doesn't understand English." Shit, I stuttered, "Can you maybe not talk to her like that, she doesn't know what's happening."

"Of course, she doesn't know what's happening, you think you have to explain that to me?" He looks at me and then her, "Can you just tell her to stop? One more time and she'll be isolated from everyone else."

"Iso-Isolated?" What does that mean?

The man audibly sighs, "She'll be removed from the commons and put by herself for the foreseeable future."

He fixes his coat which got messed up from all the screaming and walks away.

"傻孩子,他们的实力更值得对付他们。(Dumbass kids, their powers better be worth having to deal with them.)" He mutters before leaving like I can't hear him.

I had suspicions over their motives, but did they really lock us up in here to take our powers for themselves? Wait, that's... really bad, wait, wait, wait, wait.

I start getting cold-sweats.

What are they going to do to us? What are they going to do with our powers? Why us? What did we even do to deserve this?!

*Poomph*

I feel... Is she hugging me?

"이봐, 방금 소리를 질렀어. 두려워하지 마세요. (H-Hey, I got yelled at, you shouldn't be the one scared right now.)"

Didn't she hear though? What the man said.

...

Ahhh! I forgot he spoke in Chinese, of course, nobody else would know what he said. That's why he said it out loud in the first place! Who here would know Chinese!

...

Just, deep breaths.

Let's try to think about something else.

"네, 죄송합니다. (Yeah, sorry.)" I face her as she stops hugging me, "그래서, 당신의 이름은 무엇입니까? (So, what's your name?)"

Can't believe I haven't asked her name yet.

"아, 한선우입니다. 남자 이름이기 때문에 별로 좋아하지 않습니다. (Oh, it's Han Sun-woo. I don't really like it though, it's a boy's name.)"

"글쎄, 나는 그것이 꽤 좋은 이름이라고 생각한다. (Well, I think that's a pretty good name.)" I don't really know about Korean names, but it rolls off the tongue nice.

"나는 여전히 그것을 좋아하지 않는다. (Still don't like it)." She sits next to me, fiddling with the baseball in her hand.

"글쎄, 내가 당신에게 별명을 주면 어떨까요? (Well, what if I give you a nickname?)" I always liked nicknames.