Ch 37 Did you cry?

She was talking about Utkarsh but he being oblivious to him and his actions, took it over him. And that's why the word ‘lust’ fueled his anger and pulling her to him, he stared straight into her eyes and said, “If this is what you feel and think, then fine, I won't ever come close and touch you.”
With these words, he left the room in fury, banging the door loud, as he walked out.

Meanwhile, Hiya just sat numb there, biting her own lips, unable to find the courage to intervene in Ahil's anger and sought things out. It became apparent that she needed to choose her words carefully since Ahil was known for being short-tempered. Moreover, it was true that Hiya hadn't directed those words at Ahil; she was just pouring out her feelings. Nevertheless, Ahil took her words to heart and interalised them.

_______

After spending the entire night in the guest room, when he returned to the room, he found Hiya sleeping deeply in the middle of the bed. Last night, she had fallen asleep in her saree. Now, her saree's pallu was on the other side of the bed, separate from her body. Countless hairs were scattered on her face, and her eyes were swollen.

Seeing her swollen eyes, he felt a pain in his heart. Whether he loved her or not, the truth was that even a little discomfort of hers made his heart restless.

Due to the pallu of her saree falling to the other side, her beautiful body was easily revealed, and her cleavage was attracting his attention. However, he had already decided that he wouldn't touch her without her permission. So, quickly reaching out, he covered her revealing body with the comforter. Looking at her closely, he whispered with a killer smile, "Mrs. Hiya Raizada! Let's see how much time you get to sleep from now on? Your hustle begins today, Hiya."

Then he headed towards the bathroom to shower. When he came out after a while, she was still asleep. It was certain, this girl had mastered the art of sleeping; she had earned a Ph.D. in it. Seeing her sleeping so peacefully irritated Ahil greatly.

Suddenly, an idea struck him. Why not use the hairdryer? He didn't usually use it, but seeing Hiya asleep, he felt compelled to do so.

As soon as he turned on the hairdryer, Hiya, startled and in a panicked voice, screamed, "Ah! It hurts... Don't... don't hit me!"

She was crying and screaming, covering her face with her hands, when Ahil quickly left the hairdryer on the dressing table and hugged Hiya tightly, enveloping her in his arms.

"Hiya... Hiya, what happened?" he asked, concerned.

He was asking her, but she seemed to be out of it. She was just crying and screaming. That's when Ahil abruptly took her lips in his to stop her screaming, kissing her tenderly. As he kissed her, his hands were gently stroking her hair, bringing her some comfort. But tears were still flowing from her eyes like pearls.

Seeing her calm down, he immediately let go of her and, feeling embarrassed, said, "I didn't mean to touch you or come close to you. You were screaming... so sorry for that!”

He was talking, and she had been sitting silently, staring at him with her big, dark deep eyes. Suddenly, Ahil asked her, 'By the way, why were you screaming? Can I guess who was hurting you?' He looked at her sweat-soaked face with questioning eyes.

To his question, she stammered, 'N..nothing.'

With that said, she quickly wiped the sweat off her forehead and ran straight to the bathroom. As soon as she entered the bathroom, she quickly closed the door.

Meanwhile, Ahil got lost in the thought that the sound of the hairdryer wasn't so terrifying that a person would get scared just by hearing it.”

On the other hand, Hiyaa was reminded of her past unpleasant incident when Utkarsh had hit her on the face with a hairdryer as he was leaving. Similarly, he often used various household items as weapons and kept Hiya scared, leaving her constantly anxious.

Hiya sat in the bathroom, crying for a long time. Hearing the sound of the hairdryer after so many days made her feel like she had returned to the same abyss.

Ahil had been sitting in the bedroom, ready for quite some time, waiting for Hiya to come out. He would sometimes pace around the room or glance at the clock.

Ahil was also somewhat disturbed by Hiyaa's behaviour. When Hiyaa didn't come out of the bathroom for a long time, Ahil quickly knocked on the door.

"Hiyaa...!

Hiyaa......!

What happened, Hiyaa...?

Come outside...!"

Ahil knocked on the door a couple of times, calling out to her. Upon hearing Ahil's voice, she hurriedly wiped her tears, composed herself, and took a shower.

In her haste, she had forgotten to take off her clothes today. Now she regretted not having a bathrobe here, except for a towel. Despite Ahil calling her from outside, she quickly wrapped the towel around her body and, trembling with fear, opened the door and stepped out.

As Ahil was about to call out to her again, he missed a heartbeat upon seeing Hiyaa in a small white towel. Her swollen red eyes, wet hair clinging to her shoulders and face, fair and beautiful legs - it stirred his heart.

As he approached her, Ahil noticed Hiyaa darting towards the cupboard, evidently intent on retrieving her clothes. Despite his presence, she seemed to deliberately ignore him, absorbed in her task. However, Ahil, sensing her distress, abruptly reached out and grasped her hand, gently pulling her into his embrace.

Yet, despite his closeness, Hiyaa kept her gaze averted, unable or unwilling to meet his eyes. She attempted to extricate her hand from his grasp, but Ahil's hold remained firm, refusing to let her go.

With a mixture of concern and determination, Ahil lifted her chin, coaxing her to look at him. The sight of Hiyaa's reddened, swollen eyes spoke volumes, betraying the silent tears she had shed in solitude. His own heart constricted with empathy and worry at the sight.

"Did you cry?"