𝐗

eris laid there, eyeing the people who came in to uncuff her as dexter and freesia watched by the door

when the final cuff was unlocked, eris got off the hospital bed and stared at the ground. she was still in the old used nightgown, with socks on and her fist clutching the gown, with tears in her eyes.

freesia stepped forward with a pile of clothes in her hands, and handed them over to eris. the young teen grabbed them and held them to her chest before freesia said there was a room down the hall where eris can change into the clothes. the teen doesn't say a word before walking out of the room and down the hall to the other room.

"she's quiet again" freesia says

"it's my fault" dexter states

"we did the best we could...we just need to keep an eye on her" freesia states

dexter nodded as he lets out an upset sigh.

eris changed out of the hospital gown and into some new clothing, it was a gray button down shirt and same colored pants, with a pair of black boots and a brownish belt to tie it all together. eris finished up buttoning up her last button before staring at herself in the mirror and just stayed quiet.

when she was 12, after the games when they pulled her out, they had made some alterations onto her body. at twelve-years-old, because she was skinny from the games, with the lack of resources. they had done the same to freesia because she had given birth in the games, they had to do a whole operation.

it was bone-chilling that the capitol is willing to do that to themselves. but the fact that they had done it to eris, and other tributes without their knowledge, their consent just made eris sick to her stomach.

she still had her wounds from the game, such as the cut on her thigh from the mutt beast, it looked cleaner than it did before. possibly because of the fact she was now in hospital care. during her time in the room, eris wasn't really given much freedom, her bathroom visits were monitored, she was fed like a baby with food. freesia shared she was doing this so eris wasn't kicked out or anything.

eris wasn't sure what freesia meant by that, considering that whoever was running this place (to which eris later found out was district 13) has yet to met eris. but then again, the mission was to save katniss and have her lead the rebellion.

there was a knock on the door, causing eris to escape her thoughts before hearing the door open ajar and see freesia peeking in.

"you okay?"

eris just stays quiet

"you doing good?"

eris still doesn't say a word before sitting on the bed of the room. freesia stays standing before looking at eris and started her apologize: "i really am sorry for the past few days"