01. {new girl's got balls}

Começar do início

"copy that, sarge."

"where are we even going?" she finally asked him, after ten minutes of being in the vehicle.

"well... i promised mom that i'd find you an outlet for your anger." theo started.

"you what?!"

"i haven't told her what i've discovered but apparently this town is famous for its karate dojos. and research has shown that training in martial arts, seems to be an effective way to lower levels of anger and aggression." theo explained as he pulled up to a studio. "this is cobra kai, is run by a man named johnny lawrence. it was quite oddly expensive but you know mom would spend millions just to support you."

tabitha slightly frowned at the end of his statement. "yeah... and i don't appreciate you and mom conspiring against you."

"it's because we love you, tabby." theo told her, honestly. "and we want to help you."

"yes, cool. but, i don't need help." she told him, forcing open the car door and stepping out. tabitha looked up at the place, just a white building with a black, white and yellow sign. 'cobra kai karate' and a yellow cobra on either side of the words.

"all valley champion trained here." theo told her, walking by her side.

"i don't even know what that means." she told him, truthfully. "what makes you think i want to start karate again?"

"you're good at it tabitha, you know that." theo reminded her. "but they don't know that. so you can pretend your bad and then show them how skilled you are. i know that'll keep you entertained."

"you're right." she nodded, her brother knew her so well. "you signing up too?"

"no, i'm already zen enough. and you know grandpa said i didn't have the winner mindset that you did." theo shook his head as he did the namaste gesture. "just want to keep an eye on you."

"you're such a loser." tabitha groaned, pushing the door of the dojo open. the bell chimed, and all eyes were immediately on her and her brother. her face formed into repugnance as she inspected the room and quickly gazed at everyone. the girl twisted around, ready to step back out. but theo drove her forward.

tabitha sighed, knowing there was no escape. "what are you all looking at?" she loudly asked the people in the room.

they quietly murmured and looked away from her with slight fear. she even caught the owner, johnny lawrence's, attention. he momentarily glimpsed away from the conversation he was having with his former sensei and began to smirk at her exclaim. the man was satisfied there was genuine cobra kai potential among the geeks and nerds who had signed up.

then, the all valley champion glanced at his two friends before strolling over to the siblings duo at the door. miguel diaz looked at tabitha up and down, taking in her appearance.

she was wearing baggy, straight-legged, khaki green, cargo pants with a loose fitted slipknot t-shirt to go with it. on her feet was a well-worn pair of black converse. her shoulder-length, deep brown hair was freshly washed and in its untouched state. a silver ring was clasped onto her right nostril and she had about three studs decorating each ear.

most importantly, she was pretty.

"hey." he started, confidence evident in his tone. "you guys here to join?"