Ch 36 prey of desires and lust !

He cocked his eyebrows, staring at her and said, "Was I really awake?" Suppressing a chuckle, as he controlled his laughter.

Seeing him speak with a lighter tone, Hiya gathered some courage and replied, "Yes, why are you awake?"

"It's such a moonlit night, Hiya, and there are so many stars in the sky. I thought of getting up to count the stars!" This time, he jokingly threw a sarcastic remark in a playful tone.

After hearing Ahil's words, Hiya couldn't help but laugh. Smiling, she said to him, "Wow! We are so similar. In childhood, I also counted stars a lot."

For a moment, Ahil was taken aback by her words. Was this girl really crazy?

"Are you really crazy, or do you intend to drive me crazy? Tell me clearly, why are you awake at this late hour?" Now, he asked her, pulling her into his arms, moving away from the playful tone. Hiya, on this serious note, suddenly stopped laughing, and her heart raced.

Hiya, forcing a cheerful smile to conceal her fear, replied, "I was really asleep and just resting."

Ahil, raising his eyebrows, said, "How do you sleep sitting like this, my sugar pie?" He gently touched her lips with his fingers, whispering in her ear. Tiny beads of sweat appeared on Hiya's forehead, and her heart felt like it was ready to leap out, thinking it was prepared to jump out at any moment.

Before she could respond, Ahil continued, "Because when I woke up, you were sitting, and you had your eyes closed. Right, sugar pie?"

Caught red-handed, Hiya, feeling a bit embarrassed, looked down and mumbled, "Uh... well... I..."

"Uh... well... I...Will you continue with 'uh' or give a proper human-like response?" He deliberately intimidated her with a roaring tone, sensing her nervousness.

It was just a matter of moments, as if she was waiting for him to scold her and burst into tears, and her eyes became moist. Extricating herself forcefully from Ahil's grasp, she laid down with a fiery response, "Nothing."

"Then why do I hear the rumbling sound of mice tap-dancing in your stomach?" He lifted her forcefully and seated her.

As his gaze softened seeing her teary eyes, he abandoned all mischief, wiped her tears, and said, "Just wait for 15 minutes; I'll be right back downstairs. If you come down before, you're in for a scolding.”

Saying this, he stood up from the bed. She had been shedding tears for quite a while. After some time, Ahil returned with a steaming plate of Spanish pasta he had prepared for her. She was taken aback as he smiled, placing the plate in front of her.

"This guy may be a bit grumpy, but how does he always understand what's in my heart? Didn't I mention I was hungry? Then how did he know?" She forgot her tears, sometimes looking at the pasta plate, and sometimes at Ahil's smiling face. Indeed, smiling, he seemed like a prince from another beautiful world. Her eyes got moist again, but these tears were tears of joy that Ahil had given her.

She looked at the pasta with keen interest; as it appeared mouthwatering delicious. Hiya couldn't wait any longer and she quickly extended her hand to take a bite when Ahil beat her to it and picked the fork first.

"Why the hurry? Let it cool down, then I'll feed you." Ahil took a forkful of pasta, blew on it to cool it, and then fed Hiya with his hands. The pasta wasn't extraordinary, but its value was heightened by his affection. It became the best dish she had ever eaten, enriched with a blend... a blend of love.

Ahil's loving gesture of feeding her brought even more tears to Hiya's eyes. While eating, she recalled the moments when Utkarsh had kept her hungry for days, punishing her or subjecting her to forced actions. Remembering those days, her suppressed sobs escaped her lips.

"Are you crying, Hiya?" Ahil quickly placed the pasta plate on the side table and hugged her. Running his fingers through her hair possessively, he asked, "Wh- what happened, Hiya? Is the pasta not good? Do you want something else? Should I order from outside? Tell me what you want to eat, and I'll order it. But please stop crying, my love. Are you crying because of that time I scolded you?" He looked restless.

After a series of questions, a smile appeared on Hiya's face again. "N... no, I'm not crying because of you. Until today, nobody has ever..."

Ahil looked at her, asking directly, "Until today, what, Hiya?" She averted her gaze and replied, "No one has fed me with so much love after my parents passed away." Her voice trembled.

Upon hearing her words, Ahil wiped her tears with his hands, then held her tightly, saying, "I... I have no love or sympathy for you. I just fed a hungry person, and it would be better if you don't misunderstand it as love.”

Seeing his hesitations, Hiya smiled, "Don't worry; I'll stay within my limits, and I won't control you like a wife. I also know that I'm just a guest in this house... difficult to say, maybe just for two years. Besides, no one can love a girl like me anyway." A pain lingered in her heart.

She remembered Utkarsh; he also didn't truly love her, did he? If he had truly loved her, he would have understood her pain, but he only fulfilled his physical needs with her. Hiya still couldn't forget her past.

“I am just meant to be a prey of desires and lust”, she mumbles out, subconsciously loudly lost in her past grief. When Ahil misunderstood her words, thought she was talking about their first night when he tried to force on her. And for that he was still ashamed till date, cursing himself for that heinous act.

These words of her were igniting fire to Ahil all over his body. She was talking about Utkarsh but he being oblivious to him and his actions, took it over him. And that's why the word ‘lust’ fueled his anger and pulling her to him, he stared straight into her eyes and said,