"If you want him-" 

"Flor! Take Shiemi and go!" [Y/n] cut off his familiar, who went wide-eyed and snapped his head back toward the panting human who was barely managing to stand up. Before he could even voice his argument, [Y/n] shut him down. "There's no time! Get her out of here and back to Yukio and the others before the parasite does any more damage!" He ordered, pushing himself fully to his feet as he pointed Sema toward Amaimon again. Flor hesitated, debating whether or not to obey his master, but ultimately had to give in and agree. With a curt nod, the giant wolf turned on his heel and bolted back into the trees behind [Y/n], taking Shiemi with him. With another sigh, Amaimon started casually walking toward [Y/n], who was still exhausted from his attempt to slow down the demon. Just as Amaimon got closer and closer to the young man, a bright splash of orange soared past [Y/n]'s head, narrowing missing Amaimon.

"The rest of us don't matter, huh?" A familiar voice called out, causing [Y/n] to whip his head to the right to see Bon holding one of the emergency flares from their exam backpacks. What the hell was he doing?! "C'mon, lemme play!" He mocked, holding up another flare. [Y/n] paled at the sight of not just him, but Shima and Koneko too. This was bad. This was really bad.

"No, dumbass!" Rin panicked, still trying to pull himself out of the debris that Amaimon had slammed him into.

"Shit!" [Y/n] cursed, trying to figure out how to get everyone to safety. There was no way Flor was fast enough to get Shiemi all the way back to camp, come back and pick up all five of them without Amaimon intervening. And the three Kyoto boys would be little-to-no use in a fight against a Demon King.

"Okumura! If you get the chance, run!" Bon ordered, standing tall behind [Y/n] while Shima tried to help him stay on his feet.

"Just get the hell outta here!" Rin shot back, shaking his head. [Y/n] felt his breathing get heavier as he tried to focus on keeping Flor summoned. It was getting harder and harder by the second. Sema and Flor were both extremely powerful in their own right but Amaimon took a blast of Sema's energy head-on and barely flinched. He was on a completely different level. And [Y/n] had no idea what to do.

"Oh no! It slipped!" [Y/n] snapped out of his thoughts as he heard Konekomaru panic. He opened his eyes just in time to see that the bottle rocket in Konekomaru's hands lit up and flew toward Amaimon, hitting the demon square on the spike on his head. As the smoke surrounding the impact cleared, the guys saw that the spot on the spike that had been hit had puffed up like a mushroom cloud atop Amaimon's head. After a very long moment of silence, Shima suddenly burst out laughing.

"Looks like brocholli!" The pink-haired boy exclaimed through a fit of giggles, somehow seemingly forgetting how much danger they were all in. His laughter was quickly cut off when Amaimon seemingly disappeared in the blink of an eye before reappearing in front of Shima. Before anyone had a chance to register what had happened, Shima was suddenly sent flying backwards into a nearby rock. 

"Shima!" [Y/n] panicked, watching the dust clear as Shima's body was seen slumping over in the remains of the shattered rock. A scream of pain caused him to sap his head toward the source, where he saw Amaimon bending Koneko's arm at an ungodly angle. It was definitely broken. And very painfully at that. He didn't even have a chance to call out to his friend before Bon, who had tried to get Amaimon away from Koneko, was very quickly sent flying backwards into a tree, much like how Shima was sent crashing into a rock. When [Y/n] saw the tree break from the sheer force that Amaimo had thrown Bon at, he snapped. "Leave them alone, shithead!" He screamed, trying to gather whatever strength he had to pour into Sema. Amaimon just turned to him with a bored expression and sighed.

"You keep getting in my way." The Demon King muttered, disappearing the moment that [Y/n] managed to raise Sema's barrel. Without warning, Amaimon appeared in front of him, slapping Sema out of his hand and grabbing [Y/n] by the throat. With Sema out of reach, Amaimon casually reached into [Y/n]'s pocket and pulled out Flor's summoning paper, tearing it in half with two fingers. [Y/n] silently prayed that Flor had gotten Shiemi to Yukio before disappearing. "It's so annoying." He complained, putting pressure on [Y/n]'s throat as he raised the boy higher in the air. [Y/n] felt the air leave his body as he gripped Amaimon's hand, desperately hitting and kicking him to no avail of getting free.