11

Monday (5:21 am)

Izuku pov:

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, eyes seemingly focused on nothing in particular. There isn't much to look at either way... it's just a blank ceiling.

I spent the whole weekend packing my things into a single duffel bag. Only the essentials, for now at least. I'll get a chance to move more of my things into my dorm...

My dorm.

I can't help but feel all giddy inside, the thought of being in that campus. Oh god it makes me nauseous, I might actually barf. I won't be a mere soul floating there those halls anymore. I'll have footsteps and I'll actually bump into people in the hallway. I'll apologize and they'll actually turn my way and acknowledge me.

I squirm around my room like a maniac, I feel like a little kid again.

This is good.
~
7:50 am

I embrace my mother in the school's parking lot, she's teary eyed as she lets out a sigh. It's cold, her foggy breath dissipating into the air. I hold onto her hand as she spews all that she has to say.

"Remember to eat three meals a day!" She says as her grip tightens. I smile and squeeze back, "I will mom." I said reassuringly. Her smile is a mix of happiness and nervousness, I can tell by the way she looks at me in the eyes. Like she is slowly creeping towards insanity.

Did I mention Tsukauchi is with us? He knows never to interrupt a mother. He stands in the distance with my duffel bag in hand, patient and understanding. I slowly turn towards him and curl my lips up to mouth sorry. He puts his hand up to his face, covering his grin and he nods.

Eventually, me and Tsukauchi walk towards the entrance. I wave goodbye to mother as far as I could see her, until I can't anymore. We stop at the attendance office, Tsukauchi walks in as I linger by the doorway.

It's stupid but I've only begun to notice my heart pounding against my chest. I slowly bring my hand up to my chest. Brushing my torso slightly, a beating heart, something I'll never take for granted.

Like... ever. I swear.

"You ready?" Tsukauchi speaks, breaking me out of my trance. I see that he's holding out a paper, I willingly take it and carefully analyze it.

"My schedule?" I ask, we begin to walk towards a section of the building. Away from the classrooms and the offices. Presumably towards the dorms, I clench the strap of my duffel.

"Yes," He affirms, "Also, we're going to the dorms first." He says as we reach a door, he opens it and holds it open for me. We continue walking, "Your classes don't start until 8:45." I try to keep up with his fast pace I huff a breath out of my lungs. He takes note of this and chuckles, "Sorry, habit." He slows his pace a bit.

"What was I saying?" He said looking at me with his face scrunched up, his eyes light up, "Right, let's make sure you get well acquainted with where you'll be staying." I nod.

The walk isn't annoyingly far, we get there and he pulls out a keycard from his lanyard that was in his coat pocket, "Dorms automatically lock when it's not school hours so..." With one swift swipe, the pad blinked a green light. Inside the mechanism of the lock could be heard clicking.

"Safety measures after..." He trailed off, "Y'know." He shuddered the thought away and opened the door. I grunted in response, certainly a memory to forget. He let me go in first, I cautiously stepped in and was greeted with a clean lounge. It seemed industrialist but I quickly took note of certain aspects of the place that was decorated by the students as a collective. Plush colorful pillows, cool patterned rugs and plants that made the place authentic.

I might've stood like that in a trance because I noticed Tsukauchi grinning. "What?" I asked, it came out cold, unintentionally of course, it just caught me off guard. He chuckled and patted my back, "Let's go to your room."

In a corner, on the second floor, it was quiet and nobody seemed to be around. Tsukauchi held out keys. I looked at them for a while before taking them and feeling the cold metal have a slight weight in my hand.

"No keycard?" Was the only question that popped up in my head. Tsukauchi raised and eyebrow before chuckling, "No I guess not." I smiled, "Stupid question sorry."

"Don't be sorry, how about..." He eyes suggest the door. I follow his eyes, "Right!" I stutter and stick the key in, twisting it, prompting a click. I swing the door open.

"I am certain you can manage from here." Tsukauchi looks at his wristwatch, "But!" He says reaching into his pocket once more taking out a spare key.

"Here's your spare, don't loose both of them. UA will charge you a fee." He says as his face contorts into a cringed expression. He taps the tip on his chin, "Oh and one more thing!" He says.

"Yea?." I reply, he points into my dorm, "Well since you joined a bit late into the year..." He lowered his hand, "We couldn't fit you with the other general department kids in their assigned dorms." I crinkled my eyebrows.

"Are you saying-" I got cut off as Tsukauchi pulled out a paper. "If I'm correct.." he muttered, "You share a dorm building with the hero course kids." He said and gave a thumbs up.

My heart pounded, "What class?" I spouted quickly. Tsukauchi grinned like he held the answer in the tip of his tongue. "Class 1A." He hummed. My heart felt like it was racing abnormally fast.

I let out a nervous laugh. "Is this your doing?" I asked accusingly. Tsukauchi shrugged and tucked the paper back into his coat, "Purely coincidental." I couldn't help but smile, "I solemnly swear."

Thank you, I voiced in my head.
-