Ch 35 Her cleverness !

He quickly got up, intending to leave, but Hiya, in her unconscious state, grabbed his hand again. Brushing his hand against her forehead and gently removing his hand, he said, "Just two minutes, I'll be right back." With these words, he rushed to bring hot water for her. The entire night, he sat beside her, making a warm compress, even though just a few hours ago, he had treated her so badly.

Now, seeing her struggle with a fever, his eyes were filled with tears. "I don't know, Hiya, What you are, Who you are...? But I don't understand why the more I try to stay away from you, the more I find myself drawn towards you. I can't figure out if I'm in love with you or if it's not hate either?”
_____

As the morning unfolded, Hiya's fever subsided, as a result of Ahil's unwavering care throughout the night. He managed a brief 2-hour rest somehow, and when woke up, the first thing he did was gently check on Hiya's temperature – a reassuring sign that his vigilant night had yielded positive results.

Today, he wanted to go to the office early because he absolutely did not want to encounter Hiya. After getting ready, he cast a glance at Hiya's presence, bowed his head over her existence, and kissed her forehead before leaving.

As he left for the office, he instructed his maid to ensure that after Hiya wakes up, she has a good breakfast, administers the medication, and is not allowed to get up from bed at all today. He also emphasised that she shouldn't be given any chores.

After Ahil left, the maid silently pondered, "Last night, he was so upset with that rebellious girl, and now look at her. In the middle of the night, this rebellious girl has worked her magic on the master again. Well, what can I do? I'll just do what he asked me to do."
_______

Around 10 o'clock, Hiya opened her eyes. She hurriedly got up from the bed and looked around for Ahil. But he wasn't anywhere in the bedroom. It was clear he had already gone to the office.

Still, for the sake of her peace of mind, she went downstairs searching for him. When the maid saw her coming down, she quickly exclaimed, "Oh, ma'am, you? Sir has specifically instructed you to rest the whole day. If he finds out that we made you work or didn't take care of you, he'll immediately terminate our jobs."

Observing the concern in the maid's words for Ahil's well-being, a faint smile played on Hiya's lips. She responded with a smile, "Alright then. Tell me, has Ahil left after having breakfast?”

"Yes, ma'am, he had breakfast and left early this morning!" replied the maid.

Hearing this, she felt reassured. After a little while, she freshened up, donned a light green georgette saree, and came downstairs for a light breakfast.

After breakfast, she retreated to her room, took out some magazines, and started reading, selecting one from the pile.

Time passed unnoticed, and it was already evening. Lost in reading the magazine, Hiya didn't realise when she dozed off. In the meantime, Ahil returned home early today, as Hiya's health had kept him preoccupied, making it hard for him to focus on work.

As he entered the room, his first glance was towards Hiya. He gently touched her forehead, checking if her fever had subsided or not.

The fever had almost entirely subsided, bringing a sense of relief to Ahil. He then took the magazine from her hands, placing it aside, and sat close, observing her attentively.

While watching her, he mumbled to himself, "I wonder how much this girl sleeps? When I come home at night, she's asleep... When I wake up and leave for the office in the morning, she's still sleeping. Sleeping is the fundology of this girl, all the time. But don't worry, Miss Hiya Raizada, I'll see from tomorrow how you manage to sleep." With a playful smile, he headed to the bathroom to prepare for a bath.
_____

Around midnight, Hiya suddenly woke up, finding Ahil sleeping next to her. Feeling a bit flustered, she muttered to herself, "Oh, shoot, Hiya...! Ahil came home and managed to sleep, and here you were in such deep slumber. I wonder if he had dinner or not...?”

Then, looking at Ahil and sensing the commotion in her stomach where mice were scurrying around at this moment, Hiya felt a pang of hunger. Despite her deep desire to get up for something to eat, unfortunately, Ahil, in his sleep, pulled her into his embrace.

Ahil's firm grip left Hiya unable to move, and the unexpected hug made her heart race. Overwhelmed with fear, she squinted her eyes shut. In a tremulous voice, she began muttering, "With him around, I won't be able to eat anything. But hunger is creeping in, and sleep seems impossible.”

Contemplating, she composed her teary expression, and just then, an idea struck her mind. "Let me try one more time, who knows, I might escape from his clutches today, and something might go into my stomach? So that I can get a proper night's sleep," she thought.

With a smirk, she whispered to herself, "You've been smart from the start, Hiya."

Once again, she attempted to free herself from Ahil's grip, but the moment she sat up, Ahil's eyes opened. Startled, she quickly shut her eyes in feigned fear, pretending to be asleep.

Over here, Ahil rubbed his eyes, quickly turning on the table lamp. Looking at Hiya with scrutiny, he sternly asked, "Why are you fidgeting so much at this late hour? I understand you've had your sleep, but I still need a proper rest."
Examining her presence sternly, Ahil's words didn't let Hiya break out of her pause mode. Seeing her pretending to be asleep with closed eyes as she sits on her ass. He understood she wasn't going to respond this way. So, he picked up a water bottle from the side table, intending to sprinkle a little water on her face. Just as he was about to do so, Hiya abruptly opened her eyes, feigning sleep, and inquired, "Wh... why are you awake at this late hour?”

Ahil couldn't help but admire her cleverness. He cocked his eyebrows, staring at her and said, "Was I really awake?"