We walk over.
Mikel: "Noah, Lucas. Pleasure to meet you both"
We both shake his hand.
Noah: "what's going on?"
Leah: "patience Noah"
Mikel: "I've been watching you both for a few years now. You are both such great talents. So I want to make you an offer. I want you both to sign professional contracts today. I want you both to join the squad on Sunday. I want you to see what a first team day is like"
Noah: "what?"
Lucas: "you serious?"
Mikel: "deadly serious"
Noah: "but what about tomorrow, it's our biggest game of the season"
Mikel: "you are still playing, I'll be there watching."
Lucas: "no pressure then"
Mikel: "no pressure at all, I've watched all your games this season, without you noticing. You play both play with such freedom. Your connection on the pitch is one of the best I've ever seen."
Noah: "wow, thank you, that means a lot"
Mikel: "your mum and sister are on their way to us now. Then we will get your contracts signed, that okay with you both?"
Noah: "yeah great"
Lucas: "thank you."
Mikel: "I'll see you both in a bit"

Mikel walks off and I look at Lucas then at mama.
Mama: "you did it boys! You did it!"
Mama hugs us both tightly. I'm still in shock and I can tell Lucas is too.

A bit later we are sat in the office of London Colney. We have both just signed our contracts. Mum, mama and Isla were all there to watch it. Playing professional football, with my boyhood club. This is insane.
Lucas: "best birthday ever."
Noah: "you can say that again"
We have left the office and we are holding our contracts in our hands.
Lucas and I look at each other in awe. I pull him in for a hug.
Noah: "proud of you bro"
Lucas: "proud of you too bro"

We all go home. Mum and mama have not stopped hugging and kissing us.
Y/n: "your favourite for dinner"
Noah: "spag bol?!"
Mum nods.
Lucas: "get in"
Noah: "can Amelia join?"
Leah: "of course she can"
Noah: "I've not told her yet"
Leah: "she'll be so proud of you Noah"
Noah: "I hope so"

A bit later Amelia comes in.
Amelia: "hi everyone"
Noah: "hi babe"
I kiss her.
Noah: "I have something to tell you."
Amelia: "good or bad?"
Noah: "it's great"
Amelia: "go on"
Noah: "I signed a professional contract today."
She jumps in my arms.
Amelia: "babe I'm so proud of you. I knew you'd do it."
Noah: "that's not all, Mikel wants us to join the lads for the game on Sunday"
Amelia: "that's insane! What a birthday for you."
Noah: "Lucas got the same too"
Amelia: "aw lukeyyyyyy, congrats"
Everyone laughs.

Everyone heads into the kitchen.
Amelia: "I'm so proud of you babe"
Noah: "thanks beautiful, I love you"
Amelia: "I love you"
I kiss her again.
Amelia: "you haven't seen my instagram post have you?"
Noah: "oh god"
I look at my phone.

@ameliasmith: Happy Birthday my love

@ameliasmith: Happy Birthday my love. I'm so proud of you, love you forever🤍💫

Comments:
@lucaswilliamson: you both make me sick
@noahwilliamson: I love you💫

Noah: "you're a softie"
Amelia: "only for you"

We all have dinner, Lucas and I open our presents. Of course they are all football related. New boots, new shin pads. I got some new headphones which I've wanted for gym sessions, Lucas got some new running shoes.

Amelia leaves and Lucas and I get an early night.

The next morning we are both up early for our game. Mama drives us there, mum, isla and Amelia are joining them later.
Leah: "good luck boys, stay calm and focused okay?"
Lucas: "yes boss"

The game starts pretty well, I get a goal early on. We are 2-0 up at half time which is great.
Second half they are all over us. I'm waiting for Lucas to pass the ball to me when he gets tackled really badly. I know it's bad instantly.
He's clutching his knee.
I run over.
Noah: "bro"
He's crying. He's crying hard. The medics run over, they check him over. I'm so angry but I'm more focused on my brother right now. I'm holding his hand with tears in my eyes. The medics whisper ACL. Not his ACL. Please no.
He throws his hands to his face to cover up that he's crying. I look over to mums. Mum is on the verge of crying. Mama is the same. Lucas gets stretchered off.
I talk to him just before.
Noah: "I love you bro, I love you."
Lucas: "I love you. Go win this."
I go back onto the pitch and wipe my tears with my shirt. I see mum and mama rush to his side, mama stays with Isla and Amelia, mum goes with Lucas.
I get my head back into the game. Now I'm winning this for him.
I score 4 more goals in the game. 5 goals, 6-0 win. I'm buzzing but I go straight over to mama.
Noah: "Lucas. Is he okay?"
Leah: "they think it's his ACL."
I look at Amelia, she can see I'm about to cry.
She hugs my side whilst I hug mama.
Leah: "I'm proud of you for that game. I wouldn't have been able to focus after that. Come on, let's go find them."
Mikel: "Noah wait!"
I stop, Amelia waits with me.
Mikel: "call me, let me know how he is"
I just nod and take the paper with his number on. I don't even register that I have Mikel Artetas number in my hand I just run to catch up with mama and Isla.

We get to the hospital. Lucas is in for scans already, mum is in the waiting room.
Leah: "babe"
Mum hugs mama tightly.
Isla hugs her then me.
Y/n: "did you win?"
Noah: "6-0"
Y/n: "I'm so proud of you."
Leah: "how is he?"
Y/n: "distraught"
A few minutes later and the doctor comes in.
Doctor: "it's not good news I'm afraid. He has snapped his ACL."
My heart drops. I just drop to my knees. Amelia hugs me.
The doctor is still talking but I'm not listening. His ACL. His fucking ACL. Someone picks me up. It's mama.
Leah: "he's going to be fine, he will come back from this"
I cry on her shoulder.
We all go to his room. He's having surgery in the morning.
I wait to go in. Amelia is still hugging my side. Mum, mama and Isla go in first. I can't look at him.
Leah: "Noah? He wants to see you."
I just nod. I go in and everyone leaves.
I sit next to him.
Lucas: "you win?"
Noah: "we won, 6-0"
Lucas: "proud of you bro"
Noah: "I'm so sorry. I wish it was me."
Lucas: "no no don't say that, I'd prefer it to be me."
Noah: "we will get you back, mama went through it, you can too. I'll help you every step of the way"
Lucas: "I know, but don't stop your dreams because of me. You keep playing, no matter what okay?"
Noah: "I can't play without you beside me"
Lucas: "you did today, you can tomorrow. You can for all of my recovery. I know you can."
Noah: "I'll do it, for you."
I hug him.
Noah: "I love you bro"
Lucas: "I love you too bro."
Mum and mama come back in. Lucas starts laughing at Isla trying to cheer him up. Amelia is stood behind my chair.
It gets late and mama says I need to go home for tomorrow. I don't want to do tomorrow without Lucas. But he wouldn't want me not to go because of him.