"You could say that."

Luz gasped.-"Mysterious past!"

"Thank you, all. It wasn't easy for me to rise to the top. I also started from humble beginnings. Now I have the highest honor of enforcing the emperor's will. So be more! The emperor's coven awaits you!"-She created the raven illusion again. So there was an emperor, interesting.

The boiling isles definetly weren't y/n's favorite place but looking at Lilith, she thought maybe it was worth it to give it a chance.

_____

"Eda! Where are you going?"- Luz dragged y/n after Eda.

"I'm gonna head home and wash the con funk off my skin."

"But we haven't even taken the quiz to determine our coven type!".- she pulled out a magazine out of her pocket and holded it above her head. Eda didn't even looked as she casted a lazer beam through it and walked away. Y/n laughed.

"Don't worry pretty, I'll convince her to stay."- y/n said to her cousin.

Luz smiled and said a soft 'okay' and started to walk away while reading the magazine.
___

Y/n wasn't fast enough to catch Eda, plus she got distracted when she saw Lilith surrounded by kids. Should she keep looking for Eda? Or talk to Lilith? Look for Eda? Or talk to Lilith?Definitely look for Eda!... Or maybe talk to Lilith?

"Hello, Miss Lilith!"- Eda knew how to get back home anyway.-"You were great inside there, I have never seen something as beautiful!"- she smiled not talking about her spells, Lilith was even prettier from a closer distance.

"Thank you."- she didn't even looked at y/n and kept a straight face.

"So... You are a coven leader, is it fun? Your must be very powerful and smart."- y/n walked closer to her.

"Certainly I am, the emperor's cov-"-Lilith looked at y/n for the first time, more specifically at her round ears.- "What kind of creature are you? A human?"- Lilith said with a poker face.

"Am I that obvious?"- y/n said with a smile. Lilith was going to reply but something else catched her attention.

"Sister?"- Eda stopped and turned.-"It's been so long since I've seen you last!"

Well that was unexpected. Y/n frowned confused. At least she didn't had to look for Eda.

"What are you wearing? You look like some sort of trash collector. Oh, right. You are."- Lilith walked to Eda with y/n and the kids following her.

"Oh, Lily. I just had to see the leader of the emperor's coven in action.".- then she leaned down to talk to the students.-"you know, when we were kids, Lilith was so excited to see the emperor's coven, she peed a little."- they all laughed and Lilith blushed.

"That-that's all for today."- Lilith said for the students to leave.-"You shouldn't even be here. You're a wanted criminal!"- she exclaimed at Eda.-"Unless... I don't believe it! You are here to join the emperor's coven!"

Eda just laughed.-"in your dreams."

"You think being covenless makes you so much smarter than everyone else. But while you run from the law like a degenerate, I'm mentoring the next generation of powerful witch students into the world."- seems she was more important than y/n thought.

They were so different. Eda was all against covens and law and there was Lilith, the leader of a whole coven, the emperor's one which surely was something big.

"Well, I have a student. And I bet she could wipe the floor with any of your prissy little blue bloods."- Eda was too confident about Luz's power.

Lilith stepped closer.-"is that a challenge?"

"Oh, it's a promise."

"Eda, I need your help! I accidentally challenged Amity to a witch's duel, and I think she's going to kill me all the way dead!" Luz slumped to the ground.

"Mmm, it seems your student has met my strongest protégé. And look at those ears! Is she human?".- Lilith said looking at Luz who covered them, then she looked at y/n again.-"Where did you even find these? Okay, Edalyn. For one day, you won't have to hide from the law, because I want to see how good of a teacher you really are."- she walked away.

Lilith wasn't kind at all, probably the only bad thing about her.

"Come on, kid. Time to prepare for bloodshed."

"But... whose blood?"- maybe Luz could win that duel, she already could do light spells, as long as she didn't get hurt, it was fine for y/n.

"Anyone's guess!"- Eda said.