Part 10: Resurgence

Start from the beginning

Five Hours Later:

As Y/n planned, they had managed to intercept Reiner and Bertholdt. However, Eren and Ymir were also with them. To Y/n, under no circumstance can Eren go to Marley. As they approached the tree line, Y/n pulled himself out of the Path Titans nape.

Y/n: "They're just up ahead. Do as we discussed. Act like I never transformed and fought you in Stohess."

Annie: "How do you know Eren won't just scream and ask where you are?"

Y/n: "I don't but I know Hange smart enough to put the pieces together. Theirs no doubt in my mind that she told Eren. He just has to play along." Y/n entered the tree line a distance away from Reiner and Bertholdt. As he exited his Titan, Annie had gotten high up on the trees to get away from any potential Titans. Meanwhile, Y/n hid himself but stayed close enough to hear any conversations. Annie reached a point on the tree line where Bertholdt could be seen. Bertholdt turned around, alerted by the noise of ODM gear.

Bertholdt: "Annie?" She landed down next to Bertholdt. Reiner also turned to look at her, as shocked as Bertholdt. "Why are you here?"

Annie: "I had to escape Stohess after my identity as the Female Titan was discovered. But more importantly, how did you capture Eren? Last time I saw him we were fighting in Stohess." Eren went to say something but recalled his conversation with Hange. As Y/n had anticipated, she had indeed put the dots together.

Reiner: "We were attacked by Titans in Wall Rose. They sent down the Survey Corps to give us support. Eren was among them."

Annie: "In Wall Rose...that means-"

Reiner: "Yeah, it's him." Annie's eyes deepened slightly as she turned to look at Ymir. Steam came off her hand and foot while Eren's arms were also releasing steam.

Annie: "Why's Ymir here?"

Reiner: "She was the one that ate Marcel." Annie's face dropped. "She transformed to protect us from the Titans. Now, she's helping us in return for protecting Christa."

Ymir: "Make sure to thank me later." Bertholdt gestured for the three of them to have a private conversation. Huddling close together, they began to talk about their current situation.

Bertholdt: "Are you sure we can trust Ymir? Her Titan is small but I was fast. If we don't restrain her, she could take us out in moments. She is the one who at Marcel, remember?"

Reiner: "But that's exactly why her position is clear. She finally became human again. She probably wanted to wander thinking of herself. That is until she met Christa. She found someone she valued more than herself. Someone so dear that she'd jump into a swarm of Titan for her."

Bertholdt: "Reiner, what are you right now?" Annie was listening closely to the conversation. Like Bertholdt, Annie had picked up on Reiner and his odd split personality.

Reiner: "I'm a Warrior, don't worry. I have more reasons for wanting to bring Christa with us than just her being cute."

Annie: "Her family, right?"

Reiner: "Exactly. If Eren isn't who we're looking for, then Christa can help us get it. Now that we know you're safe Annie, we'll only have to come back to get that. We'll never have to come back here after that." Annie recalled what Y/n had said to her. If Christa's part of the royal family, while Y/n also has a claim, wouldn't this work out in his favour?