after rubbing lotion, she wore her panties and an oversized t-shirt that was hanged outside the balcony.

she carefully layed on the mattress next to esmari, while holding her in her arms, kissing the back of her head making sure she was safe before slowly dozed off to sleep.

-

BROOKLYN, NEWYORK

omniscient 10:34 AM

omniscient
10:34 AM

"mama pacake,pacake!"

"baby we ran out of pancakes yesterday we only got cereal" sa'niyah looked back at esmari who sat in the living room while watching cartoons on the tv.

"hm" esmari fussed crossing her arms and frown her face, making sa'niyah giggle.

"mari you doin da most" sa'niyah mumbled while grabbing cornflakes from the wooden cupboard.

"fuck" she groaned after opening the refrigerator, seeing that there wasn't enough milk in the milk carton.

"mari we going out on an little adventure"

"we get pacake?" esmari asked looking at her mother. "only if you be a good girl to mama" she lifted mari and turned off the tv.

Mari was already wore her slippers, sa'niyah grabbed her grey oversized jacket and wore her black fluffy slides and turned off the lights before leaving the apartment.

she holds esmari's hand while they both walk down a few steps, soon as they step outside they heard the sirens from police cars, it was an everyday thing.

"hey niyah" a neighbour greeted smoking her cigarette while watching her kids play in the park with other kids that was in the middle of the whole apartment.

"hey boo" sa'niyah smiled greeting her.

"park?" esmari squeezed her mother's hand seeing the other kids play.

"we can go after you eat okay bubba?"

"o kay mama" she smiled and happily skipping to wherever her mother was going.

sa'niyah walked to a corner shop that was a few blocks away from the apartment, smelling the morning smoke, while seeing her local people hanging around the area.

she made it to the store being less busy as usual, she walked over to the milk section, looking for the cheapest carton of milk but it was ran out.