8. Power Struggle

Start from the beginning

"Oh please, he follows you around like a lost puppy. Honestly, it's a bit of a relief having him worry about someone else for once. Gives me some space." Octavia replied as I shook my head in shock at her comment. The only reason Bellamy and I are around each other so much is because we're trying to lead this camp. I mean he's not bad to look at but I've got bigger things to focus on, like staying alive and running this camp. 

"I think you're delusional." I scoffed at her response in disbelief as she raised her brows. 

"Speak of the devil." She whispered under he breath before Bellamy walked to stand in front of the fire where we were sitting. 

"What's going on?" Bellamy asked with his arms crossed over his chest as we immediately stopped chatting between ourselves. 

"Nothing." Octavia and I replied at the same time with a shrug before our eyes widened as we looked at each other in surprise over our synchronisation. 

"Yeah, I don't know if I like this little friendship." Bellamy joked with a laugh as Octavia nudged my shoulder playfully, smirks spreading across our faces. Octavia and I we're really getting along, I'm not gonna lie it felt nice to have a friend down here. I've been so busy focusing on leading this camp that I haven't just relaxed and unwinded. 

"Look up!" Someone from the camp called out, catching everyone's attention. 

"What is that?" Someone else called out in response. My eyes shot to the sky to spy some sort of comet descending towards Earth. We all watched in awe before we realised it wasn't a star... 

As the burning red object got closer I realised it was a pod. The Ark had pods to send supplies to other stations or to fly one person. But what could they be spending down to help us? Or who?

"They're coming to help us!" A kid called out eliciting cheers from the camp. The pod spun violently towards the ground before a grey parachute tangled itself behind. 

I prayed they were sending down some sort of ammunition to help us fight the grounders. I felt naked out down here without a gun to defend myself. All I knew was that I needed to get to that drop ship as soon as possible. 

-----

After the pod was spotted we had gathered to devise a plan but Clarke and Finn were nowhere to be found. I assumed they were still mourning Wells and Charlotte so we went ahead without them. Bellamy, Miller, Jones and I gathered inside Bellamy's tent to discuss the fallen ship. 

"If it cleared the ridge, it's most likely near the lake." Jones stated as we all stood gathered around a table looking down at a map. 

"Alright, we better get moving then." I nodded at Jones while slipping my jacket over my shoulders. 

"No one is going anywhere." Bellamy interjected as everyone's heads shot in his direction. I crossed my hands over my chest as we all waited for an explanation. "Not while it's dark, it's not safe."

"If we don't leave now the grounders will get to it first." I replied with annoyance seeping through my words. He couldn't possibly be serious right now I thought to myself. 

"We leave at first light, tell the others." Bellamy replied nodding to Jones while completely ignoring my point. Jones began moving for the tent exit before I spoke up, stopping him in his tracks. 

"Jones, don't move." I replied sharply as Jones quickly froze in place looking between Bellamy and I, torn between which leader he should follow.