6. Goodbye Girlhood

Start from the beginning

"No one, we brought it straight here." Octavia replied standing up from beside the table.

"The grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." Clarke exhales slowly with her gaze still stuck on the knife.

"So there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper chimed in, slowly coming to the realisation we all reached earlier.

"There is more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news, you need to keep it quiet." Bellamy decided to order us rather than tell.

"Brilliant plan! Let the murderer walk free while we wait for whoever's next?" I scoffed at Bellamy's stupidity as he turned to face me.

"We already have killers in this camp." Bellamy replied bluntly as I felt his words pointed directly at me. Cheap shot I thought to myself. "All it would take is a few wrong words from Wells and they could've snapped. It wasn't like Wells was the most loved in this camp."

Clarke was clearly upset by his words as she quickly strode toward the tent exit before Bellamy blocked her path.

"Be smart about this. Look at what we all achieved. The walls, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the grounders killed wells is good for us." Bellamy tried to rationalise as I stood beside Clarke. I wasn't Wells's biggest fan, but no way in hell am I letting a murderer run through camp.

"Good for you, you mean? What? Keep people afraid and they'll keep working for you and Lucinda?" Clarke snapped back as I scoffed. Is she serious right now? I'm trying to take your side for once.

"Yeah, that's it." Bellamy snapped back as I crossed my arms over my chest. Clarke began to laugh as I frowned in her direction.

"Oh really? J.M. John Murphy." Clarke spat back while holding up the knife with the boy's initials carved onto the side. I felt sick to the stomach. After what happened in the forest I'm not letting him get away with anything anymore.

"That's it." I scoffed before pushing past Bellamy on my way out of the tent. As I strode through the camp with purpose I could hear the others call for me to stop but I ignored them. I noticed Clarke walking beside me and I nodded at her before we spotted Murphy across the camp.

"Wow, my lucky day!" Murphy laughed noticing the two of us striding towards him.

"Shut the fuck up." I replied bitterly before Clarke and I stopped short in front of him.

"What's your problem?" Murphy replied with a scoff.

"Recognise this?" Clarke asked bitterly before holding his knife an inch from his face.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it." He replied before reaching to grab it before Clarke snatched it back.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells." Clarke bit back before Murphy's face dropped. Silence fell over the camp and those who began watching on.

"Where I what? The grounders killed Wells, not me." Murphy replied dumbfounded as I rolled my eyes at him.

"We know what you did. And you're going to pay for it." I snapped as Murphy's eyes met mine and a sickening grin spread across his face.

"Oh really? Bellamy, can you believe this crap?" Murphy laughed before meeting Bellamy's gaze from behind Clarke and I. Bellamy remained silent as Murphy's smile faded quickly. "I swear I didn't do it."