6. Goodbye Girlhood

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay? What's going on?" Bellamy asked looking from Wells's body to my hot sweaty figure as I shook my head.

"I'm fine, I was just on a run and I found-" I began before Bellamy scoffed and cut me off.

"Why the fuck were you on a run, alone? There's blood-thirsty grounders everywhere-" Bellamy countered aggressively turning to me as I noticed how much his frame towered over mine before I interjected.  

"Oh please, let's cool it with the lecture so you can stop acting like-." I groaned rolling my eyes at his self-righteousness before he heated up again.

"Oh wow, that's rich coming from-" Bellamy bit back before we were interrupted by Octavia running back from camp.

"I'm sorry but did we forget you two are standing in front of a dead fucking body." Octavia cut in, calling us out on our bickering as I turned back to face Wells and the realisation sank.

"How are we going to tell Clarke?"

——-

I made my way back to camp to share the news with Finn so he could inform Clarke since Bellamy and I agreed that hearing from either of us wouldn't be the best option. Recently Clarke hasn't exactly met eye-to-eye with either of us.

After Finn informed Clarke the camp began working on building a wall to protect ourselves from the grounders. I decided to do the right thing and check up on Clarke after Finn told her the news. I made my way into the drop ship to see Monty, Clarke and Finn huddled around a table all staring down at a wristband.

"Speak of the devil." Finn smirked in my direction as I entered the ship.

"What's going on here?" I asked as I stood beside Finn looking down at the wristband that was wired up to a machine.

"Monty's figured out a way to use the wristbands to tell the Arc were still alive. Turns out your little plan didn't quite work." Clarke grinned as I took note of her bare wrist while groaning at her snarky comment. Jesus even in mourning she's still a bitch, I guess we have something in common.

"Where did your wristband end up anyway?" Finn asked before I could snap back at Clarke.

"No clue, Bellamy took it off on day one." I replied with a shrug as Clarke scoffed.

"Anyways, Clarke we should talk." I began as the boys didn't make any effort to move.

"Privately." I finished before nodding to Clarke to follow me out of the dropship. Before I could do the right thing and check up on her we were swiftly interrupted.

"Cindy, Clarke!" Octavia called out before motioning to a tent. Clarke and I followed suit by entering the tent to meet Bellamy and Jasper inside.

"What's going on?" I asked before my eyes met a knife and fingers lying on the table. Wells fingers I noted before Clarke's face fell. She stepped closer to the table, picking up the knife that rested beside the boy's fingers. She slowly examined it closely as we all watched on silently.

"This was made out of the drop ship's metal." Clarke gasped as the realisation fell. One of our own killed wells.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy spoke up, nodding towards the knife Clarke held gingerly.