The Tragedy in '45

Start from the beginning

Marni's heart raced as she saw Steve's shield next to her, and she glanced at her brother and Bucky struggling to get up. Suppressing her fear for them, she seized the shield, mirroring Steve's stance as she rose to her feet. Holding the shield protectively, she fired her handgun relentlessly, inching forward in an attempt to take down the gunman.

Suddenly, a flash of blue streaked toward her, and despite her efforts to brace herself with the shield, the force overwhelmed her. In a split second, Steve and Bucky scrambled to their feet, horror etched on their faces as they watched Marni propelled out of the train, dropping the shield as she went. 

 Desperately, Marni grabbed onto one of the handles of the train, gasping for breath as she fought to maintain her grip. Steve climbed along the outside of the train to where Marni was. "Marni!" Steve yelled as she made his way out to her, Bucky standing inside the train watching, praying that Steve would get to her in time. Marni hoped her brother would get to her in time as she could feel the bar coming loose. As he reached her, he held out his hand, shouting. "Grab on!" 

 Her fingertips brushed her brothers as she used whatever strength she could muster to pull herself up, not willing to let her boys live without her by dying to HYDRA. She reached out to grab onto his hand, but before that could happen, the bar on which she had put her life gave way, causing her to fall with it.

The last thing Marni heard was the distant screams of her beloved boys before she felt her vision darken. Knowing she wouldn't survive, Marni let herself give over to the darkness, plummeting 400 feet to her death, feeling nothing but peace.

______________________

January 1945, Siberia, HYDRA base

Marni's eyes snapped open in panic. She could feel the thick lining of sweat pouring down her face - her breathing shallow as she felt no pain surging through her body, only numbness. Rolling her numb head to the side, she caught sight of dozens of surgical instruments and machines near where she was lying. Was she in a hospital? Did she somehow manage to survive that fall? She thought to herself, blinking rapidly to rid the bleariness from her vision.

"Steve..." She whispered hoarsely, her tongue feeling like lead. Her words slurred as they flowed out of her mouth, "Bucky..." She received no reply. Marni felt tears sting her eyelids as she closed them to blink them away - needing to be strong no matter what. She willed for Steve and Bucky to come and save her at any moment, telling her everything would be okay and that she would be fine, but she didn't even know where she was or how she survived. Marni couldn't remember how she got here; why could she remember falling from a train? Why was she in a medical room? Where was everyone?

Marni felt relief rush through her body as she felt her body starting to come back to life. She noticed that her body was tied to a table that she was currently lying on, but she instantly started to feel sick when she looked at her left arm.

Her breathing quickened in panic and horror. Most of her left arm looked like it had been ripped off - she wanted to vomit, but something was stopping her from doing so. Marni started begging silently in her head that all this was just a dream, that she was somewhere in one of the base camps, safe and under a high-density medicine that was causing her to hallucinate.

She heard footsteps approaching outside the metal door connecting her room to a hallway. "I'm in here!" She cried, begging for someone to save her - she was pretty sure that whoever had her was no friend of hers. She heard the door open, making her head tilt upwards slightly but not too far that her neck would be strained. Marni felt the makings of a migraine coming.

Marni felt her eyes widen in fear as she felt trapped, suddenly wishing she was still under whatever drugs that kept her asleep. Standing in the doorway was one of the men she despised the most, Dr. Zola. "Ah, Miss Armani Rogers," Dr. Zola spoke, his accent becoming prominent as his smirk widened her discomfort. "You know it wasn't nice of your brother and boyfriend to take you away so soon."

He placed a thoughtful look on his face, still holding the menacing feeling of doom for Marni, "However, I feel as if it were the best choice - now we will be able to give you an extra ability to fill that missing arm of yours."

Marni gritted her teeth, wanting to punch the guy in the face - she had no idea what he had done to her before Steve and Bucky got to her, but something didn't settle in her stomach, "What are you going to do to me?!" She demanded, her right fist clenching as she got a feeling back, "Why am I here?"

Zola's smirk became wider. "You will be our greatest weapon, Miss Armani." He told her, pressing a small red button on one of the side tables, "You will serve HYDRA to the best of your abilities when we are done with reconstruction."

She tried to move the binds that were holding her down, but there was no use - there was no way she was getting out of there with her lack of energy or even fighting the man beside her. " By the time we're finished with you. You'll want to kill them with more than pure vengeance." His chuckle sounded hollow and cold, like he knew nothing was standing in the way. He would carry out his original plan for Armani Rogers and make sure that the soldiers would get what they deserved for what they had done to HYDRA.

______________________

A/n

I did warn you that heartbreak was around the corner, the next part will be based on both 1945 and at some point around 2014. I hope you enjoyed this part, don't forget to vote, follow, or leave feedback in the comments as I would love to hear your thoughts.

I hope to see you in the next part.💕

Word count: 1715