" Veer! Where are we going?"

" Veer!"

I tug his shirt and those brown eyes look down at me through the glass shield of the helmet. His eyes drop to my lips and I realised he was reading my lips.

" Where are we going?"

I try again. My hair were flowing with the wind, earlier tears still lingered in my ducts and my right hand gripped his handkerchief to my ear.

No words were said.

No response given.

His huge palms rest on my head and tug. My face smashes back against his chest.

This man!

After 20 long painful minutes the bike finally stops and I blink to look at the average size building.

A hospital?

" No Veer. I am fine. It's just a scratch-"

He didn't even let me complete. Holding my wrist, a few meters above from where I was hurt. He tugs me along and my clumsy footsteps stagger after him.

" Mrs Faria"

He speaks at the reception and the woman points us to a corridor.

" Office."

Why does it look like people already know who he is?

And why are they staring at me?

The nurses we crossed nodded at Veer.Last I checked Veer isn't a doctor.

Veer stops outside a door which read the name Mrs Faria Malik. And without even a knock, he pushes it open to drag me along.

An elegant woman doning a white doctor coat stared back at Veer and her eyes cloud with worry.

" Veer? What are you doing at this time? Is Ajuni fine?"

" Relax Maasi. She is fine. I just need you to check upon her."

Veer moves aside and that's when the woman's eyes set on me. Surprise would be an understatement.

She looks between Veer and me and then a smile brighter than the sun lights up her face.

"Oh hello beautiful. Please come and sit."

She pulls out a chair and settles me down on it. Everything else happened within minutes, she presses a button on her table, an attendent comes in, she orders for first aid stuff and soon she my wounds were getting cleaned and bandaged. She asks me what happened and I tell her everything.

Veer stands behind, leaning against the wall. He keeps checking his watch again and again.

And this time I couldn't stop myself.

I speak.

" You can leave if you want to. I will hail a taxi or something. The kids must be waiting for you."

His eyes met mine. I expected him to take the first opportunity I offer and leave. But he says nothing.

Mrs Freya takes notice of our silent conversation. And decides to intrude.

" I will drop her, Veer. You can go if you wish to."

" It's fine. I just messaged Ali. Kids are fast asleep."

With this, he starts walking towards me and I hear my heart thudding in my ears.

His long fingers slide in on my cheek and he moves my face to a side.

His gaze stay transfixed on my ear.

" It doesn't need stitches. Does it?"

Mrs Freya sighs.

" Thankfully no. It will heal on it own. She is a strong woman."

" Not even a flinch."

He hmms and I thought we are done for the day. When he was yet to drop a bomb on me.

Mrs Freya washes the blood from her hands and I adjust myself in the seat. Veer seetles down on the seat next to me and my leg shakes in anxiety.

" One more thing Maasai."

He leans back to look at me and I furrow my brows.

" She just had an anxiety attack. I need you to counsel her."

Mrs Freya's back stiffens and I go still.

I thought... this was our secret. He wasn't going to tell anyone. And that's when my anxious eyes stop at the name plate on the table.

Mrs Freya Malik

Senior Psychiatrist.

Damn it.

She turns around to raise a brow at me and I feel like running away from here. I can't tell her... no! I can't!

There are some secrets that better stay buried in pages of history. And go down till a persons casket is lowered in his/ her grave.

And the reason of my panic attacks was one of them.