'You must be giyuu tomioka, yes?' The police officer asked me, bending down to my level.

'Will my sister be okay?' I asked him, crying.

'...'

'How'd you make it out of the house in the state it's in?' The police officer asked me, avoiding my question.

'Dad told me that I wasn't being a good son, so I had to sleep outside,' I responded, wiping my tears.

'What did he mean by that?' The police officer asked me, reaching to touch my shoulder except I quickly swatted his hand away from me.

'Sorry..' I mumbled, realizing I swatted his hand harshly.

'It's okay, can you answer my question?' The officer asked, grabbing a small notebook and writing in it before looking back up to me.

'I wasn't being a good kid because I didn't want to go in the basement with the men anymore,' I said to him, looking down.

'I'm sorry for being a bad kid, please don't arrest me,' I stated, and he looked at me with a soft smile.

'It's okay, buddy, you weren't being a bad kid.. could you tell me more about these men?' He asked me, and I nodded.

'I have to go into the basement with them.. uh- my mom and dad make money off me, but since I'm broken, dad says it's what I should give back to them,' "I said, and the police looked at me confused.

'Broken? It what way could you be broken?' He asked me, writing in his book some more.

'I'm broken because I can't read or write.. I think tsu called ot dys-lex-ia' I sounded out for him, and he nodded, standing up.

'Hm, well, I just realized you have some pretty bad scars, we have to go get you to the ambulance,' he said, and before I could reply, we heard a loud crash.

I quickly whipped my head, noticing that my whole entire house fell down.

I didn't see any of my family outside the house either.

'Tsutako?' I asked and quickly ran to the now put out fire.

'Where is tsutako?! You guys did get her out? Right?!' I asked one of the firefighters.

'I'm sorry, kiddo.. anybody who was in that house is surely gone now, were you a friend of them?' The firefighter asked me.

'That's my house! You guys didn't save my sister?!' I asked them, feeling tears start to well up in my eyes.

'I'm sorry' is all the firefighter could say to me.

The police officer quickly came over to me, leading me to the ambulance while I was fighting tears.

That was the last time I ever cried.

_________
( a year later, in the orphanage)

It's been a year since my whole family died, and I was put in some whack orphanage.

I wasn't even aloud for any visitors, which meant I couldn't talk to either nezuko or tanjiro anymore.

There are two kids in the orphanage who keep trying to talk to me.

It was a girl and a boy.