Chapter 1

YourPOV

You walk down the concrete street, your Converse sneakers slapping on the pavement and cold wind ruffling through your hair. You wrap your warm coat around your body tighter than ever, trying to conserve as much body heat as possible. It's almost Friday, You think to yourself. 'Two more days until Friday and then weekend. Wait, oh God I have a test on Monday, and its freakin' trigonometry! You grown internelly, already upset about the change of events in your brain. You get closer and closer to the grounds of your university, the tall white marble and brick buildings shining with the dawn light from the sun. It is quite beautiful You think to yourself I have never really thought about it before, I must be really bored. You stroll to the gates when you feel two fingerless gloves cover your eyes.

You feel a wave of panic and you stiffen up and then you hear a familiar laugh. You swipe at the hands and turn around quickley.

"Simon!" You shout, your heart beating wildly in your chest. Simon starts laughing hysterically.

"Oh my god..." He makes out through his snickers. "You... should've.... seen your... face!"

"Simon, what the crap? You almost gave me a heart attack, dude!"

"I'm sorry, ___" Simon's laughter die down. "It was funny though, at least a little bit,"

"Fine, yes it was kind of funny," You smile. "But you better be prepared for payback!" You walk toward the main building together, talking about everything that has happened over the one-day period.

"Dude, if I would've pranked Marise, she would probably have killed me in 5 seconds flat!" Simon laughs.

You can't help but feel a small pang of jealousy. Marise was Simon's girfriend, and you might have developed a small crush on Simon over the past few months. He was quite charming acutally, a lot like you even. He likes video games, has brown hair, a kooky attitude and makes sexual innuendos at every oppurtonity he gets.

"That's why I am your best friend and she is your girlfriend," You respond smiling.

"Awwwww," He looks at you for a moment, teasing you with puppy eyes.

"Oh, shut up, Simon," You laugh, your face heating up a bit, but not too much.

"Haha, that's what she said," Simon responds.

You walk to your classes together and part for the morning.

"By the coffee shop, right?" You ask, setting a place of meeting for after school.

"Yeah totally. I'll swing by around 4:30, see ya!" Simon smiles.

You give him a fist bump and walk away to your first class.

---time skip---

You leave your last class, History at grab your belongings from your locker. Wait, I've got my backpack, textbooks, phone, everything got it! You think to yourself, giving your things a mental checklist. You walk out of the university, now the sun is beating down on you and you shiver. You search your coat for headphones, wanting to listen to music to pass the time.

Crap" You mumble under your breath when you fail to find your headphones.

You walk to the coffee shop in silence, listening to the sounds of cars and birds singing on the pavement road. You check the time. 4:45. Crap I'm gonna be late, You speed you, starting to run to the coffee shop that is on the other side of the road. You arrive there shortly, gasping for air as you burst into the warm establishment. You look around for Simon. 5:03. You sit at one of the tables and order a cappucciono. You wait for another 20 minutes and check the time again. 5:27. You quickly dial James's number and wait. Ring ring ring ring. Voicemail.