THE FIRST MEETING

And it could have been a completely different day... A completely different place on Earth...
Why did she go to the park that day? Why bother leaving home? But predicting fate is impossible...

Morning.
July.
She looked at herself in the mirror. Bags under her big, brown eyes spoke of a sleepless night. As always, she had to finish the chapter she started: "the thought slips away" or "remembering, need to finish." Work brought her pleasure.
Life was getting better.
She was happy.

Long, light hair cascaded in waves onto her chest. From under the satin nightshirt, her perfect, sculpted figure was noticeable. Her plump lips were pale. She licked them, grabbed a robe, and headed to the shower.
Denim shorts and a white t-shirt, all that's needed for a comfortable rest! The girl headed to the kitchen. Snacks, fruit, and water are necessary. Quickly making a sandwich, she carefully wrapped it in plastic wrap. Water and fruit were also neatly placed in the picnic basket. And, of course, a book!
At the door, she contemplated her footwear for a long time. Sandals versus white Converse. And in the battle for comfort, the Converse won. Quickly putting them on, she left the house.
Hurry to the park! - she thought, and her heart beat faster, anticipating the long-awaited picnic.

Downtown. Busy street. Crowd of people. Skyscrapers reaching into the sky, gleaming in the rays of the blazing sun. The asphalt had already started to heat up and radiated warmth. It always bothered her. Her beloved job, which brought income, forced her to stay in the city. Everything moved at a frantic pace here. Life was boiling 24/7.

Being a city dweller had its privileges. One of them, a good coffee shop! Morning coffee, bought and drunk on the way to work, was already a ritual. - Americano! - she blurted out approaching the counter.
The guy in the black apron took the order.
- What to write? Name?
- Just write: "Good morning!" And be sure to draw a smiley face at the end, okay? - she smiled back.
Stepping away, she sat at a table and started checking her email on her phone.
- "Yeonjun"! Ready! - the cup with the hot drink was placed on the counter.
- "Yeonjun"! - repeated the guy with the apron. - Ready and "Good morning!" Bon appétit! - he handed her the hot Americano. - Have you seen a young man with a beret?
- No, I haven't. Thank you and have a nice day!
Sipping her coffee, she stepped out onto the street. The noise of construction work, the sound of cars made her hurry to the park nearby.

Spreading a blanket on the grass, she lay down on her back and took a deep breath of air filled with the scent of moist grass. The sun blinded her. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, and a colorful kaleidoscope danced before her eyes. "I need to put on my glasses!" - she thought and started rummaging through her bag. Suddenly, feeling a familiar object, she stopped. Tears welled up in her eyes. Her heart was torn with pain and longing. She wanted to cry... But holding back the overwhelming sadness, she took out the keys with a huge keychain. The keychain was a soft toy of a cute owl. She loved owls. That's why friends gave her owl toys or interior elements in the shape of an owl.
It had been a year since she last used these keys. Keys to the apartment where the best moments of her life had passed. She would like to go back there... Kissing the bird, the girl put the memories back in the bag.
"Glasses! Where are they?"
Remembering she had forgotten them at home, she hit herself on the forehead several times. She lay down again and put the book she had brought over her eyes. Taking a deep breath of warm air, she almost loudly said:
- How nice!
Stretching her arms and legs to the sides, she lay like a sea star on the shore. She felt sleepy. Her body relaxed and wanted to rest after a tense night of work. And after a couple of minutes, she plunged into a deep sleep.

___________________________________________

The phone was ringing.
- Damn! - dropping the phone, the young man tried to wake up. - Who could it be?
Stretching for the receiver, he hurriedly answered.
- Yeap!... Oh no, Chan... It's not a good time... What's up?
He scratched his head, yawned... And continued talking to his friend.
- No, Chanbin, no. I'm busy... I can't... Well?... For the first and last time! She doesn't love me, you know... - he laughed.
His beautiful, pearly white teeth and plump lips always charmed everyone, especially girls.
- Okay... Okay... I'll come!
Reluctantly, he got out of bed. Drawing back the black curtains, he opened the window. Clean, morning air rushed into the room. It was so quiet around. Tall trees reached the second floor, and if you stretched out your hand, you could touch the leaves.