ONE

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Have you packed your skateboard?"

"Oh and what about-"

"Mom, dad! I'll be fine now I have to go before I miss my flight!" I hugged them both a quick goodbye and got on the plane.

~~~

After what seemed like forever I finally arrived in Illinois. I got my luggage and immediately saw my cousin, Damien holding a huge sign that read, 'Welcome Y/n!!' I smiled rushing over to him.

"Oh my gosh Damien it's been forever!" I exclaimed excitedly hugging him.

"I know right I can't believe you're living with us now!" He replied just as excited as I was. The airport was a 30 minute drive from Damian's house so we got to talking.

"What's north shore like?" I asked curiously looking out the window. Illinois was a LOT different than California. It kind of reminded me of New York in a way.

"Oh you know it's just high school except it's really cliquey." He replied almost as if he was being careful with his words.

"What do you mean 'cliquey'?"

"Well you know those basic teen movies where there's like jocks and nerds or whatever." I nodded listening intently. "Yeah it like that except less basic and way more drama." I could hear him laugh a bit to himself as he continued to drive.

"You got a boyfriend back home Y/n?" He said jokingly. Damien was the first person I came out as lesbian too when I was 13. He came out to me as gay when he was 9. He's been too gay to function since fucking 9 years old!

"Oh yeah plenty of boys lined up at my doorstep!" I replied sarcastically, Damien only shaking his head. "What about you? You got a boyfriend."

"No I'm just a lonely gay fag." I knew he was just pretending to be said when he did aggressively loud sobs.

He plugged his phone into the AUX cord when we were stopped at a red light. What's the first song he plays you might ask? 'Call me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepson.

"Hey I just met you!" He sang out tapping the steering wheel to the beat. I continued the lyric. "And this is crazyyy" Now we were both smiling and giggling.

"But here's my number! So call me maybe!!" We both screamed out happily.

~~~

It was around dinner time when we got to Damien's house and I could smell his mom making her famous green bean casserole. "Hey Andrea!" I called out entering the home a feeling of nostalgia rushing over me. "Hi mom!" Damien yelled, taking off his shoes.

"Oh Y/n honey! You've gotten so big since the last time you came! I've missed you!!" She said cheerfully pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Jeez mom don't hug her to death!" She pulled away from the hug shooting Damien a scolding look. Before looking at me again. "Are you still playing basketball? And what about skateboarding you used to go to the skatepark everyday with Damien!" I nodded my head smiling as she smiled back.

Damien showed me my room. It was pretty empty only having a bed, desk, and small dresser next to a closet. "My mom said she's gonna take you on a shopping spree to decorate your room and fill your closet." Damien said throwing himself onto the bed.